Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wild and comfy

You would think since it is almost July, I should be whining about how hot it is. Instead I'm whining about how I wish I was whining about it being too hot.  It's downright chilly.  There have only been a few days it was warm enough for shorts.  Seems pointless to shave your legs regularly if they're covered in pants.  Lol

Speaking of pants, today I was feeling a little wild.....check out my new leggings.


Calm down, these are just for around the house - not out in public.  Well, except for Friday night.  I put them on after work to mow the lawn but then I got that invite for a barbecue. I assumed my friend was home alone so I didn't bother to change.  Nope, the whole damn family was there.   Oooooops! 

More domesticity today.  Since it was cool and more rain was forecast, I made a big batch of chili in the slow cooker and then in a random impulse I decided to make a pie FROM SCRATCH!  I made a coconut cream pie (no cheater packs of pudding mix either) completely from scratch.  It's chilling in the fridge but there was some left after I filled the crust.  Tea and pudding for dessert 


Now for the bad blogger part of my day.  I found this great old wooden dresser a few weeks ago at the second-hand store.  I am planning on re-doing it for a new TV stand.  It's in the garage.  Today I thought I could get the first coat of paint on it before the rain came.  I'm using a Paris Grey chalk paint. I was going to take a before pic and then progress shots.  Well, after the first coat of paint was on, I realized I took NO pictures before.  Arrrghhhhhhhh, dumb.  

Sorry folks.  I guess you'll just see the after pics when it's finished.  I have a few days off this week so maybe I will make some more progress. 



8 comments:

  1. Your food looks good though as does your leggings.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some wild leggings!!! I'm sure you look adorable in them :)
    Happy to hear the basement water problem has been resolved and not costing you an arm and a leg.
    I'm hoping since you are now a homeowner, you will also have a green thumb. I remember some of your plant tales.
    A few days off? Lucky you. I will have a 3 day weekend and that will feel like heaven.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pj pants on a cup of tea in my hand and chili in my tummy. Great minds think a like. I didn't make a pie though. damn cold here to.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, girl, you're as wild as my weeds... painting your steps red, going to work with a inside out blouse and going to a BBQ in those wild leggings... I think you rock... You turned out to be quite a do it yourself homeowner. I'm looking forward to see what you're working on, on your days off.
    I'm so in need of a vacation. My arthritis has been so bad these last two weeks and this cold damp weather is not helping. Got a fire in the stove. Yep, at the end of June and can't complain it's too hot.

    Enjoy your days off.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy,busy. Sort of nice to have it a little cooler to get work done, but this constant rain isn't helping. My yard looks like a jungle and not in a good way. Rabbits are loving all the clover..silver lining I guess. Can't wait to see your dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are a little cooler here today...down to 85. LOL I gave up shaving my legs, I just wear capris now. When you've got chubby knees you need to make a few changes in your life. I LOVE homemade cream pies. It has been years...maybe next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim,
    LOVE those leggings!!! When a girl is cold, she needs to do what she needs to do!!! Wish I could send you some of our triple digit weather for some of that cold and rain!!!
    I was going to share something I made one time and did the same thing, but realized people LOVE to see the finished product, so it will be just fine!!
    Would have loved to share that pie with you too.....my favorite!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see pie in my future! We stopped by a graduation party and there were a bunch of pies, but none were cut by the time we were leaving and it seemed awkward to cut into one!...mmmmmmm, pie

    ReplyDelete