Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sand Dreams Rug is finished!!

Finally the "Sand Dreams" Rug is finished. Well, almost finished. The hooking is done but I haven't pressed or whipped the edges yet. I hate that part, but this time its not procrastination that is keeping me from finishing - there is a good chunk of burlap left at the top so I think I will hook a small door hanging piece on the remaining burlap before I cut and whip.
I tried incorporating some of this funky wool, pictured below, into the sky. I was a bit hesitant at first, as I am not to familiar with using different textures in my hooking but I really liked working with it. And I think it added a nice effect to the sky. I hope this will make me braver in future rugs to try different techniques and textures.
Again, special thanks to Julie at Hookworm for coming up with the name for this rug! Also lets not forget April's 10 minute challenge for giving me the push to pick up the hook again and finish a rug!
This afternoon (in between relaxing on the sunny back deck) I hope to draw out the little Autum themed door hanging piece.
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job! I like using interesting wool yarns and once you get used to them, you will continue.

    Thanks for the mention!!

    ReplyDelete