Saturday, November 15, 2014

And it begins

I knew it was coming but it didn't help my mood.  It snowed :(.  This is how it starts and soon we will be buried again.  Have I mentioned I hate winter??


And it was that wet kind of snow that freezes to everything.  So this morning I scraped and chiseled off the car with my hands.  Of course my car scraper disappeared during the move.  I cleared off enough to see and then headed downtown.  Deanne was hosting a 5 Artist Show and Sale at her Studio.  The streets and sidewalks were icy and I still don't have my winter tires on so by the time I got there I was hating winter even more.  Her lovely husband met me at the door and of course the conversation turned to weather.  Very quickly I said "be warned, the first person to say it's pretty outside is getting punched in the throat!"   He took the message.  Good thing he also has a bit of a twisty sense of humor :).  So as I was leaving he came out and helped clear some snow off the roof of my car.  I figured he thought it prudent to sweeten up the crabby old gal.

I bought this beautiful wool felted piece.  I can't wait to find the perfect spot to hang it 


All the pieces were lovely and it was hard to choose but I'm always drawn to red.  

Then I stopped at the hardware store to buy a new car scraper and thought I'd pick up a few paint chips to ponder.  I've got a new antique cupboard to paint.  The salesman insisted I borrow the entire fan collection of chips.  


So I came home with about 20,000 choices and I thought my head was going to explode.  Too many choices!!   Eventually I settled on "Princeton Gold".  Now I need to get painting.  Not my favorite chore but gotta do it.  I hope the color is as pretty on the cabinet as it is in the can. 


12 comments:

  1. Howdy Kim....wow here it comes. :) Sorry I have to say I love the snow and I miss it very much. Wyoming and Utah where we used to live get tons of it every winter. Here in western Washington it doesn't get much. We just got a little dusting last year.

    I have an I idea....we can trade places for the winter...yes? :)

    That wool piece IS very lovely.
    Can't wait to see how the cupboard turns out with your color choice.

    I think my head would totally explode trying to decide from that many colors. lol

    Have a great rest of the weekend and a fun week.
    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I brought up snow the other day to you - now you got it too! :(
    We got another I two inches yesterday. Crappy roads. Ugh!

    Glad you got out to the sale and found something beautiful for you new home. Get to painting and show us the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you got dump on and it froze, that sucks. At least you had a fun event to go to and humorous people to defuse your mood.

    A lovely felted piece. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to display it.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your new painted antique cupboard. You're not wasting time getting your house furnished in antique.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate winter, also. Need to move. Seriously. And, yes...too many color choices for me...my head would definitely explode, too! Have fun painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art piece is very lovely!!! Can't wait to see the gold finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't like winter either! That is a neat wool felted piece, my grandma always said every room needs a touch of red! I'm impressed that you were able to pick out a paint color with all those choices. It would have taken me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!!! yup, was bound to show up. Snowing here now... Lots of nice colors, good luck. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had more seasons sometime . It's hard to hook when it's hot outside. Thank goodness it's cooling down hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cleveland got slammed but we only had a dusting that melted. I don't mind the cold but I'm not ready for snow yet..in fact I would be ok with a dusting the whole season! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I mentioned that I hate winter, too???
    Great find for your house. I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh what a day! Emilie had to go to a snow camp for 4 days and she came home saying, " I would never live where it gets that cold." It made me think of you because I just can't imagine how it would be for six months.
    I am so glad you are getting your snow tires tomorrow.
    I can't wait to see what you are painting. I love what you bought I bet it looks wonderful. I am always drawn to red too.
    Have a nice day. Well, have a warm day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got more snow than we did. You must also be in the cold like us or you should be colder I think we never got out of the 30's today.
    chin up sping is just a few months away.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete