Sunday, November 23, 2014

A few bits and bobs

Another nice relaxing Sunday at home.  I took the opportunity to bring out a few decorations.  I am keeping it sparse this year but want a bit of the holidays here and there.  

I have my beautiful glass bowl filled with ornaments on the coffee table.  I need to find a few gold ones to add to it.   But this is a start 


My pretty door swag is in place.  It was too fat to fit on the outside door, between the door and the storm door.  But I hung it inside so I could enjoy it.  I'm on the search for a wreath for outside 


A little garland on the cupboard and a stocking hung.  (Now I wish I had moved that ugly extension cord before I took the picture......just ignore it)


And a tin Santa perched on top. I think he needs a burlap sack.  Or maybe fill his bucket with candy?  I'll figure it out.   I was searching for the little Christmas tree I bought for Mom's hospital room last night but so far no luck.   Sigh....


Sweet blogger Julia from Of Petals and Wool (http://ofpetalsandwool.blogspot.ca) has come to my rescue and is mailing me some chicken wire.  Blog pals are the best.   I should note I had a few other offers but from outside of Canada.  I didn't want anyone to have to pay crazy international postage rates.  But I appreciate it!!!

I made a really tasty and simple supper in the slow cooker today - cheesy beef and potato casserole.   Here is the recipe link    http://www.simplecleanliving.com/slow-cooker-cheesy-ground-beef-casserole/

I omitted the green peppers (yuck) and added a few shakes of Montreal Steak Spice and sliced mushrooms and sliced carrots.   I'll make this again. 

I want to draw out a new hooking pattern tonight but before I can do that I need to clear off the dining room table.  So basically, I'm not sure of it will happen.  Lol 

As always, thanks for stopping by 

10 comments:

  1. Your cupboard looks adorable! That Julia is a sweetheart! I can't wait to see how it all works out. Your new home is looking pretty festive! I'll be decorating next weekend. I always wait until after our Thanksgiving here in the states. It's late this year so I'm sorta chomping at the bit to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started cleaning and decorating today too. We actually had nice outside tempos the past couple of days and the snow has melted! So got some lights up outside too. Lots more to do inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim. I love the bowl filled with Christmas ornaments and your door swag looks beautiful and Christmassy.

    The only Christmas decor I have up are my outdoor lights since I never took them down last winter. Hope they still work. What a slacker I am but I consider myself ahead of the game this year. Lol...

    I have your chicken wire all wrapped up on a plastic tube.
    George wanted to help me wrap up the chicken wire so if you see a lot of tape, it's a man's job, lol... I didn't had time to write a note to put inside and before I knew it it was all wrapped up and taped.

    Consider it my home warming gift to you and Millie. It's sounds crazy to be sending Chicken Wire as a House warming gift doesn't it!!!

    Good luck with putting it together. I'll try to mail it tomorrow morning after work as I have to go to town to mail it.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how you don't notice extension cords until you take a picture???
    How sweet of Julia.
    Your Christmas touches are delightful. What fun to be decorating YOUR home.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats great that Julia can do that for you. Can't wait to see how it looks. I love your decorations. :)

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks so festive! I love your cupboard with the horse rug in front it is so sweet and good for Julia coming to your rescue.
    Have a great week
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks wonderful and cozy Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Kim, looking like Christmas around your cozy home, like the displays.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it all looks very nice. Your dinner sounds nice too. I woke up today and had a panic attack, I haven't bought a turkey for Thursday yet. I have no idea what is going on with me. At least you are decorating. :)
    I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little cabinet turned out and it is the perfect perch for Santa. I think candies in the bucket is a great idea. I have done absolutely nothing inside and will scale way back, since nobody is coming this year - again. We will be roaming between our kids' places and other family members. I think the days of everyone around the table are sadly gone - but happily replaced by inlaws, etc. . But you have inspired me to get some things out soon.

    ReplyDelete