Sunday, September 12, 2010

Re-visiting some past wool worms

I don't really have a very organized way to keep track of my wool.  As I have mentioned previously I seem to have little stashes of wool tucked away all over the house.
Sometimes it is a nice surprise to open up a drawer or cupboard and find a piece of yardage I had forgotten about.  Makes it a little like Christmas morning sometimes!

But other times it can be frustrating when you are looking for a little bit of something you know is leftover from an old project.

This morning I found this bag full of worms and bits.  It was kind of a fun walk down memory lane.  All nicely seperated in ziploc bags.  (OK so I do have a tiny bit of organization, but that's where it stops)
Each little bag reminded me of a past rug.  There was the rose shade from the angel dress I made for Carries Mom last Christmas, the tiny #3 cut accents from the butterfly I completed in February, and it went on and on.  It was fun to stroll down memory lane.

I'm hoping that the volume of various worms will be diminished and find new life in my new Bunny project. 

I did complete hooking the pillow but have not yet felt the urge to sew up the backing.  Hopefully the urge will come over me this week.  I hate to have too many unfinished things hanging around.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing today. I was doing a craft project and nothing is in the same place. I spend so much time walking from room to room. My material when I sew is in one place and now that I started rug hooking I have all of my stuff in another room.
    I was thinking I need to do some reorganizing too.
    So glad I am not the only one. I liked looking at all of your stuff though. I am very curious about rug hookers since I am going to be one.
    :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, did you buy your ticket yet? You have to buy your ticket if you hope to win the lottery so you can have your dream hooking studio. lol...

    Them are good looking worms you got there and that bunny rug is advancing at a good pace. Is this your own pattern, Kim? It is so sweet. I love it. Have a great week and I hope that you don't get too frustrated this week. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    How do you get so much done, girlfriend? Finished the pillow and off to a roaring start on the bunny!!! I am envious. But maybe if I didn't spend so much timd on the darned computer, I could get more done...lol!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - I feel so stupid!! Anyway, I knew you were on RHD, but didn't realize you had a blog. Anyway, I'm getting to learn more about my way around.
    I too don't like unfinished projects, but I also like to be working on a couple at the time at least. Now - let me look around your blog. Glad I found you. /Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first read the title of your post, I thought to myself, what is a wool worm? Now I know. Thank you. I learned something new today. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i first glanced at your bag in the top
    photo, i thought there was a fire in it. :)
    such pretty colors!

    thanks for the little trip down memory yarn,
    i mean lane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim honey so glad I came by here this morning. I caught up a little while I was here because I miss reading your site and your lovely rugs.
    Sorry to hear about Poppy accident. It is a miracle he was not injured. Bless his heart I hated to read about it.
    Thanks honey for understanding me...boy I could sleep for weeks and then more.
    All these prayers everyone is sending my way for both Gary and I are so much appreciated.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot I love love your headboard picture. Please tell me you live near where this was taken.
    Every year for as long as I can remember I am going to the East Coast and enjoy their leaves but would you believe something always gets in the way of it so...your picture may be my trip.
    Also your post about your company was too funny. I totally understand
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim I just started hooking and haven't been good about staying with it, geesh procrastination must run through my whole life :) Anyhoo I sort of knew when you were talking about wool worms it was going to be my leftover wool from my hooking projects. I had not even given a thought to how those little worms were going to multiply!

    ReplyDelete