Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A morning visit to London-Wul

I had a busy and productive morning. It started early with a road trip to Moncton and an orthodontist appointment.  I got my braces tightened again and I decided to make the most of the few hours before the soreness set it.  There is a Chez Cora restaurant in the same building so I stopped at had this amazing Cinnamon Brioche covered in a mountain of fresh fruit.  So good.

Next stop - my little coffee stand to buy a few boxes for home and I smelled something yummy.  The lady at the counter said it was their new pumpkin flavors.  She recommended the pumpkin latte.  It was topped with whipped cream and OMG it was the BEST thing I have ever tasted.   Seriously I actually made a little involuntary noise (Ahhhh) after each sip!  LOL

Saving the best for last - my first visit to London-Wul and a visit with Heidi.  If you get the chance you have to go.  It is a beautiful cabin tucked in a wooded lot.  Inside is wall to wall eye candy.   And yes....I bought some goodies.  Along with the hooked rugs on the wall, Heidi also had some of her felted pieces displayed.  So I bought a little needle felting starter kit to try.
Then, I got lost in the choices of wool yarns.  It was tough for a gal like me who has trouble making up her mind!!!  But I couldn't take my eyes off this bundle on a table...
Isn't this beautiful, with the sparkly thread running through it.  I don't know what I'm going to use it for but I'm sure something will come to me.  For now I just like looking at it!!

Thanks for the hospitality Heidi.  I will be back again soon.

12 comments:

  1. Heidi's place sounds like a place to drop some serious cash! LOL That wool bundle is great! Love those colors together......inspiration for a rug?
    Happy snuggling with it!

    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you are so wise, you took along your camera. Yes I agree, Heidi hide- away is pure heaven where the serious fiber addict can get their fix.

    I'm so glad that you met Heidi in person, it's nice to meet the one who keep this Rug Hooking Daily running smoothly every day. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great day, not the braces tightened, I have already done that, but the food and pumpkin latte. I am going to have to do that soon.
    But going to the wool shop, Oh, heaven, It sounds wonderful, It is nice you got to have such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim ~
    What a fun day ~ except for the braces part! We all need days like that.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH...I've been wanting to learn felting! Just haven't made the time yet. Will be anxious to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cinnamon brioche and a pumpkin latte? That sounds so relaxing! :-) London-Wul sounds like it offers so much creativity! Love the bundle of yarn you bought... I'm thinking it would look good hooked into a rug as veins of an autumn leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to visit her shop next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim sounds like a perfectly wonderful day! The felting, oh yeah! I will be looking forward to some updates on your felting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim that yarn is beautiful! I see fall flowers and leaves. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to spend the day and the yarn is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors in that yarn are wonderful! Is it as soft and plushy as it looks?

    =)

    ReplyDelete