Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Wednesday

It is one of those days that a single themed coherent post is eluding me.  So you will have to put up with a random offering.

Have you heard about the big international Blackberry glitch??  All over today blackberry addicts were dealing with black screens and service interruptions.  Some of the people at work were actually twitching by the end of the day.

But not me !  For some reason mine is still working fine.  (Yes I just knocked on wood) 

Also my hometown has been over- run this week .............. with HOOKERS.  They are everywhere.  When I drove through downtown I saw several on the sidewalks and the street corners. 

Rug Hookers -  hundreds of them.  This week is the 4th Annual Fibre Arts Festival.  This is one of Deanne's babies.  You can read more about it here on Deanne Fitzpatrick's  blog   I'm looking forward to going to the Fibre Market on Friday, but I am going to put myself on a budget.  I haven't picked up my hook for about 3 weeks.  This might be a record.  I hope that a visit to the Fibre Market will push me forward.

Tonight was the weekly vegetable pick-up.  I wrote about it here.   The vegetables and the selection are amazing.  But I have lost my cooking mojo lately but I need to get my butt back in gear.  I'm kitchen lazy.   I wish I had the kitchen that they had in the Jetson's cartoon.  Remember that??



Wouldn't it be great to be able to just push a button on the wall and within seconds your supper pops out?    I think I would go crazy in those Automats.  That would be fun.


OK, that is enough of my random rambling for now. 


12 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have a fiber arts festival nearby!!! Oh gosh, I'd probably go broke if I had one near me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still live in the dark ages, no Blackberry for me. You know, I don't feel as if I'm missing out at all! Kim, I'll let you in on a highly guarded secret, my husband is the cook in our family!! Please don't tell anyone. Hugs, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Grief!!! Hookers walking the streets and standing on corners! Where's the Vice Squad???
    Sounds like a fun event. I hope you have successful shopping. Always great for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to come and be a hooker in your town. Lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, I so wish I could be there, with the hookers, I mean. My hooking is suffering because I've been feeling lazy lately and my batteries are running low.

    My daughter Jackie is going to a spinning Retreat in NS this weekend with her friend and she's taking her daughter along who won a scholarship for the arts.

    I've ripped a bit of my ribbon border on My Childhood Memories rug that bugged me and hooked for about 20 minutes but I've been quilting trying to get that old quilt done before I get too old to hold the needle.
    I hope that you get inspired so you can inspire us.

    Are you doing something for an auction this year?

    Think of me when you get to the Fiber Art Market, I'll be there in spirit.
    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about cooking. I was going to make chicken fried steak tonight, but it was about 104 degrees today. Yuck. Cooking is no bueno. We're going out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't cook on Wed...it's soup and sandwich "get it yourself" night. Except I caved in and made some grilled cheese and soup...that was my "random" act of kindness! Have a good week with the Hookers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so lucky to have a town full of hookers! I have not picked up a hook in a long time.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, I have been trying to diet. I thought you said the great blueberry glitch.I need to put my reading glasses on. Lol Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim ~
    Playing blog catch-up here. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that Millie is getting back to normal. My dear sweet mom was notorious for feeding the animals under the table ~ and causing an occasional fight. Once the T'giving dinner table was almost knocked over!!!
    The fibre festival sounds like fun! I hope your hooking mojo returns soon.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you - I would so love to go to a festival like that...Deanne is legendary even down here....Cooking is overrated. I do it sometimes...hubby does it more times...and MOST time we opt for takeout or left overs. Yeah, we bad....Hook?? What's that again? ;o) Smiles & Random Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was on a hooking tear for a while, then needed the spinning therapy...so my current rug sits all forlorn. I wish I was traveling up to check out that fiber fest! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete