Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankful and Overindulgent

Thanksgiving dinner 2011 is now just a memory.  I had enough food prepared for all of you, but there were only 4 of us.  We ended up with an extra at the table.  One of Mom's friends plans fell through so I picked her up and brought her here.   It's a good thing I cook like my Grandmother
and prepare way more than I need. Lots of leftovers for tomorrow. (So Michelle, you can come over)

I didn't make the pie yet.  Yesterday a friend called after lunch and said she had the coffee pot on and a fresh bottle of Baileys.   So obviously sitting out visiting her on the deck took priority for a few hours. 
And when I got home another friend had dropped off a pumpkin pie and a pan of pumpkin squares with cream cheese icing.  I figured that was enough dessert for now.


That picture is pretty much the scene here.  We are all stuffed to the max.  But poor Millie is worst of all.  It would appear that some people at the table (not me) were sneaking treats under the table.
Miss Millie has been sick twice so far.  All her blankies are in the washer.
Poor little thing is lying here looking all sick and pathetic.  

Aside from that little glitch it was a wonderful thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for - wonderful friends and family here and away.  I am especially thankful for the family members who were with me last week at a difficult time.
We shouldn't need a holiday to remind ourselves to be thankful.
It should be a daily mantra.

16 comments:

  1. I agree, so glad you had a lovely day. But poor Millie.
    I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful day with family and friends.
    I hope Millie is feeling better soon. I have to be constantly warning Zip not to over feed the cats. People think they are being nice by giving treats, but too many is just not good. Poor little sweetie!

    AAAAh, leftovers! I love them! Saves on cooking for several days. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. The most important detail (which I can see you rememberd) is to wear your eatin' pants. Otherwise the feast can be a misery. I hope MIllie is feeling better soon! Family and friends are wonderful any time of year, but it's especially nice to have them around for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet Millie we here at Dog Trot Farm hope you feel well soon. Hugs, Julie and Winslow Homer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that picture of the cat is hysterical!! Hope Millie feels better soon.
    Karen & the Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your holiday....and hope Miss Millie recovers quickly....(Geesh - I do that sometimes too...) ;o) Leftover Thanksgiving sounds really good right about now....('Cept for the sweet potatoes...never did care for those...) Have a wonderful week - full of unexpected blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving!!! I hope you have today off to recuperate? Belly rubs to Miss Mille... I hope she's better this morning....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful holiday! I'll be over for those pumpkin squares!! Gus suffers from added treats as well, I hope Millie feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you have friends who still look after you even though YOU CAN cook a turkey and bake a pie. Those are the kind of friends one need for these special occasion.

    Of course you can't say no to a bottle of Bailey's and a nice visit. I'm glad that you had a great weekend.

    Poor Millie didn't had a pair of stretchy pants to wear. I hope that she will feel better soon. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Millie is feeling better.
    What a fun time with family hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice day! Hope Millie feels better today...Thank You for stopping by. I see you are a "hooker" also....Isn't it relaxing to say the least? Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor little Millie - hope she is better today! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. so Glad you got to sit and have baily's coffee with a friend.
    wonderful friends to drop off goodies.
    and I love left overs.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor little Millie!! Glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And did I mention that pumpkin pie is my FAVORITE? :)

    So is Bailey's........:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor little overstuffed Millie. Hope she's feeling better by now. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. It is good to recount all our blessings -- so easy to take them for granted if we don't take a moment every once in a while to focus on all the good things.

    ReplyDelete