Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good Morning - HA......

Some mornings start better than others.

This morning when the alarm went off, I must have been in a deep sleep and I think I was in the middle of a dream.  I woke up all confused and disoriented.

And to make matters worse I was hearing this terrible noise.  It took me a few seconds to figure it out.  It was a strange screeching noise and it was loud.

It sounded like someone was strangling a cat.

Nope it wasn't getting strangled.  Some darn cat was getting its freak on right out side my bedroom window.   O.M.G.......   Trust me, that is not a sound you want to wake up hearing.   Lol

Then I opened up my contact lense case, dumped it out and refilled it with solution.  Hmmmm, I started to think "this isn't right. . . . . ."  Good grief - I threw out my contacts.   (At this point I should have just gone back to bed).   So I managed to find both lenses but then I had no way to know which one was for which eye.  I did eenie, meenie, minee, mo and just stuck them in my eyes.

They didn't feel just right but I was so thrown off this morning I just assumed my eyes were dry and they would feel better in a few minutes.   I dressed, grabbed a coffee and left for work.  Once I started driving I knew something was wrong - I couldn't see right.  (great to be behind the wheel, right)

I had the lenses in the wrong eyes.  Uuughhh,  I got to work and took them out and switched eyes.  It was like a miracle -  I could see again.  

It was like Monday happened twice this week.  Tomorrow all I can say is TGIF.

(Don't I lead an exciting life ?  Hahahah)

13 comments:

  1. OMG, you have me laughing so much! I remember when my eye doctor talked me into bifocal contact lenses. I drove home with very little vision, got on the phone, and told him I'd just go back to basic contacts and reading glasses! Hey, at least tomorrow's Friday...and not a moment too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Naughty kitties! Kudos to you for not crawling right back under the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.....You are stronger than me. I would have gone right back to bed and thrown the covers over my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny, I am sorry, I had to laugh. I wonder why some mornings are just like that.
    I am glad that tomorrow is Friday it has been a week. :) I am glad you fixed your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha oh my and yes you are right some days just don't start of right!

    big hugs from Indiana
    and i just had to smile seeing your cat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim ~
    Look at the bright side ~ at least you found both lenses!
    It's no fun having two Mondays in the same week.
    So right...TGIF!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, your post got me laughing out loud. I can picture you going through the motions. It would make a goo TV episode. Love that kitty picture.

    This morning, it took me for ever to get up get going and when I arrived to work I was in a fog too and I really had to try hard to focus as to what I was supposed to do next. I only ate my breakfast and had my coffer when I got back home. I don't do well on empty... JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez, did you see the spelling errors? I'm still in the friggin fog. JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH - contact lens issues. I've taken to traveling with an extra pair because I'm so afraid of being stuck somewhere with only my glasses. And yowling cats? I'd have to kill something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a freaky cat to start your day! Love it!! And...ahhh...contact lenses....I had some once...doc thought they would be good for me as I would see "as I should rather than when I wanted" (Since usually my glasses are worn on top of my head...) HA! Those contacts are doing a fine imitation of corn flakes without milk somewhere in the recesses of my yet-to-be-organized bathroom closet....And, yeah, the glasses are still on top of my head. ;o) Happy Friday Friend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it Murphy's Law that says when you have an 'either/or' choice it's always going to be the wrong one! LOL!!! 50% chance of getting the contacts in the proper eyes, but NO!!! Thank goodness you found them.

    When cats mate, the male does grab the female by the back of the neck and seems to strangle her. One wonders, with such violence, why there are so many kittens in the world! That was probably more than you wanted to think about. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is - It wasn't me (and I am so glad I didn't wake you up!) sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, you need a Saturday!

    That kitten is priceless. A picture really is worth a thousand words. If that's how you feel today, my prayers are with you sister!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete