Here we go again. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned we had another bump in the road with Mom. We now have all the details and its not great news. She has breast cancer. As if Alzheimer's isn't enough??
Basically we have 2 options, both with their own pros and cons. Chemo or radiation are not options. I have stressed and debated what to do, changing my decisions almost daily. Auntie and I decided to wait to see what the surgeon had to say before we decided. I was expecting him to present the options (which I already know) and then leave the decision to me. And I knew that if that happened I would torture myself wondering if I did the right thing.
I met with him yesterday. Honestly, I have never met such a kind, compassionate man. He was wonderful with Mom (and me). He understood how I was feeling, he didn't try to rush us. He was patient with Mom, even as she resisted some of the examination. And he wasn't all wishy-washy with his advice. He very clearly expressed his recommendation and then we discussed it. I felt completely comfortable with him.
He has completed the report as an emergency case so we were able to book the surgery quickly. Next week we have pre-op and anesthesia consultations and her surgery will be February 14th.
It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride but now we have a plan. So I'm going to try and not dwell on it and put my trust in someone else.
I will get around to visit all of your blogs soon. I've been reading them but not commenting much. Now you know why.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad