Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chats on the Porch and the 3rd thing

It's time to have another visit with Patrice from Everyday Ruralty.  She hosts a weekly chat from her porch and offers a series of questions for us to answer. 

But before we dive into the questions, I thought I would update you on........the 3rd thing.  The law of 3's has struck again.  I came home from work to learn that the vacuum died.  It has been sent to the repair man.  Poor Auntie is beside herself.  They were very close :)  It's like her best friend left her.  Me - I couldn't care less.  The vacuum is my least favorite household item.  So for me its a nice little vacation from the vroom, vroom.   And Millie is thrilled!  She hates the vacuum even more that I do (and that's saying something)

Now on to the questions:
  1. Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them?  I can eat eggs most ways.  But when I fry an egg and the yolk breaks I start over again!  It's best with a runny yolk you can dip your toast in.  Scrambled or poached are also great.
  2. Do you have a favorite item that you really like having around? (a pillow, a chair, a sweater, a teddy bear, etc.)  I can't sleep without my pillows.  And I also have trouble sleeping if my little Millie isn't at the foot of the bed. (Even though it drives me crazy when she roams around the bed in the middle of the night)
  3. Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered, or distressed?  I'm afraid all of the wood here is painted.  If I ever win the lottery I'm going to fix that.
  4. Please fill in the rest of this sentence. "I could write a book about____________."   The effects on families dealing with Alzheimers.
  5. If money and calendar/family obligations weren't an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the woods, or on a sailboat on a calm body of water?  I would probably pick a cabin in the woods.  It always seems like that would be a peaceful spot.  But a very close second would be on a sailboat.

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that it was the old vacuum instead of the plumbing that broke down. Funny about Murphy's Law isn't it. My aunt used to believe so much in Murphy's Law that she would break a jar on purpose to make it a third broken item, lol...

    Your answers are so different than mine, but I still like you a lot, lol
    Have a trouble free evening.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim ~
    I'm glad #3 was only the vacuum cleaner. Auntie will get over it!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my not the vacuum! Auntie and I are on the same wave length, I vacuum daily and have a close relationship with it, call me crazy. If you ever come to Maine, we have a cabin in the woods!!! Hope you are staying warm and well, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about the vacuum. I am not fond of using the sweeper either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Runny yolks are good, but runny whites are not very nice at all. I'm rather fond of my vaccuum-especially with two shedding dogs. My dad had Altzheimer's (I'm sure I may have just misspelled that. It's such a sad thing to watch a loved one with it. Many people picked a cabin in the woods. If only I had a big one and could invite everyone. I'd cater every meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your vacuum. Great answers, and I'm happy for you that the third thing ha happened as is history!

    Linking from Everyday Ruralty,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bed and Breakfast sounds wonderful to me. I'm an amenities type of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes ~ I bet you could write a book !!! The life of a caregiver!!! Bottoms up, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could certainly live without my super sucker! Glad 3 was just the vacuum!

    #2~My blankie and The Suds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I am with your Auntie, Me and my vacuum are the best of friends and I am lost with out it, even if it is a love/hate relationship. Great answers this week, I was surprised about where you would like to visit, I was thinking you would say some place like the Bahamas with lots of warm sunshine. :) Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does seem that bad things come in 3's although I have always wondered if they really do or we just look for patterns of 3 then start over again. I like my eggs the same way. If its being fried you have to be able to dip the biscuit in it. :) I have a friend who is sadly having to deal with Alzheimers. Thankfully I have never had to deal with this issue. I took care of my grandmother until she died because she had health issues but thankfully she always had her mind about her. I think it would be sad to have your parent look at you and not know who you are. Even though I know shes better off there are a lot of times I would gladly take care of her again just to be with her but Alzheimers steals your loved one while they are still alive. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dipping toast too! Maybe one day you will write that book and help others learn about dealing with this devastating disease. God bless, have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad number 3 wasn't the furnace...and I would pick the cabin in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Granddaughter always calls her eggs with runny yokes "dippy eggs". Now I do too! You should write that book, I bet it would be wonderful. I couldn't do the sailboat because I get seasick but the cabin in the woods sounds nice...almost like home for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed learning more about you through your answers. A cabin in the woods would be so nice! God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are allergic to eggs so we never cook them. I hope you write a book about Altzheimer's as my Dad has it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with you on the eggs. And I can't sleep without my pillows either. Sorry about the vacuum. sandie

    ReplyDelete