Sunday, October 30, 2011

An inside kind of day

It is totally the kind of day to stay inside and be comfy and cozy.  What I like to call a "special coffee" day.  Well, mine didn't look as pretty as this one but it sure tasted good.  (Note to self:  Buy more Baileys)

Just what you need when the temperature outside is barely above zero and the rain/snow mix is blowing horizontally at the windows.   Not nice at all.

Millie and I  spent the morning curled up on the sofa in front of the fireplace.  It didn't take long for her to scratch around at her blankets to make a little nest.  She loves to get in the middle of a nest.  What a sookie baby !


This is the kind of day she almost refuses to go outside.  I also finished hooking my little snowman guy and started planning the next little mat.  I definately enjoy doing the smaller projects.


 Supper is in the oven.  I am loving getting the fresh vegetables every week.  This weeks delivery consisted of red skinned potatoes, rutabaga, carrots, beets and parnsips.  I cut them all up in chunks to roast in the oven - glazed with maple syrup.   I can hardly wait until they are ready.

Mine are still in the oven but this is what it is supposed to look like....


With asparagus stuffed chicken breasts.    The smell is driving me crazy.  I'm surprised I'm still hungry because being trapped inside all day has put a dent in the halloween treat supply.   :)

14 comments:

  1. sounds like heaven to me. millie looks so sweet. I am in boston we had that yesterday for weather.
    Husband and I are watching the patriots together.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those veggies look really great, but I'm intrigued by the stuffed chicken breasts...asparagus? Sounds yummy! Stay warm and cozy and hopefully your weather will warm and melt. It's way too early for snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you make me laugh. I can just see you having candy. Your roasted vegetable sound wonderful to me and I would love that for dinner too. Not to mention your chicken.
    Your little mat turned out really great. It just looks happy.
    Well, stay by the fire and enjoy your day.
    It sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim ~
    You are making me hungry and the Halloween candy is screaming my name. Please make it stop!!!
    Millie is just so dang cute.
    I'm lovin' your snowman mat. I enjoy hooking the smaller stuff, too. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.
    Stay warm.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be over for a cup-a whatever it is your drinking and some of those roasted veggies! OMG!
    Enjoy your day snuggled with Millie! And lay off the Halloween candy ( it's tomorrow night! he he! ) :-oo!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. and may I add cute cute cute cute cute snowman mat!
    LOVE him!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Millie, you have the sweetest little face, how warm and cozy you appear in your nest. Kim dinner sounds devine, I love roasted vegetables. This time of year is when I truly appreciate the Farmer's Market. Did you receive any snow? Have a good week, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little snowman - it's a little early for snow right now over here, but it sure gives a cozy feeling just looking at it and your roasted meal!! Hope your day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skip the veggies and show me the Bailey's and Halloween candy. Yup...I'm THAT kind of girl!! ;o) Sounds like a cozy, snuggly, day. We didn't get the snow stuff, but it was cold and rainy/sleety.....Just made you want to burrow down like Millie (smart dog you have there - as well as too dang adorable!) And I love your Happy Snowman mat.....He just sings cheer and joy!!! Awesome job..... Hope you had room for din-din....Have a great week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your supper looks like I should be there to help you eat it. It's sounds so haute cuisine... even the coffee sounds divine.

    Millie reminds me of a little Chihuahua that I had once. He had been abused but quickly adjusted to living with us and he always love to completely cover himself so I made him a small sleeping bag which he just loved and he love to cuddle with anyone who would pay him attention.

    It's been a snowy wet day and everything is still green here and I had to be outside several time walking to and fro the barn.

    I hope that you still have some treats for the little kiddies, hehehe. I got into them also.

    Julia from Of Petals and Wool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, dinner sounds awesome. I can smell the aroma-Yum. Stuffed chicken breasts! Your snowman has so much happy character :) Millie knows what to do on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyday is a 'special coffee day' to me.

    Take care and have a Wonderful Week :-)

    http://theoldgeezerblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a cozy day and Millie looks like she's having hers too! The snowman turned out marvelously!! Enjoy that yummy food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Millie is such a pretty little thing. Her face is so delicate. Isn't Bailey's yummy in coffee. I love the look of your veggie's roasted and right out of the oven. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete