Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chatting 102

It feels like a good day to visit Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty for their weekly chat.

The weather here is still hot and stuffy.  Its that dang humidity that gets you.  To call my hair "unmanageable" this week would be an understatement!  Poofy would be a good word to describe it :)   But I imagine there is a lovely cool breeze on the farmhouse porch.

This is the 102nd chat.  Great job to Patrice for keeping it going faithfully for this long.

Here are this weeks questions:

  1. Have you cooked any interesting dishes lately?
Nope, afraid not.  When the weather gets this hot my creativity in the kitchen disappears.  Lately its been quick and dirty meals.
 
2.  What question would you like to ask Wendell?
 
Wendell, what is your favorite band or song?  (I'm guessing it might be Big & Rich - Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy)  wink
 
3.   Have you had any thoughts of Christmas yet?
 
Noooooooo.    (But it would be smart if I did a few hooked Christmas craft pieces so I could sell them ahead of time. But since when am I smart?)
 
4.   Do you make jams and jellies?
 
Again, No.  But I have lots of friends who do so I am never without jars of yummy stuff :)
 
5.   Do you have any board games that you enjoy?
 
I always loved board games.  Especially those Monopoly games at the cottage that went on for days and days.   Maybe because of my desire to rule the world and own everything ;)
 
Thanks again to Patrice for hosting this weekly get-together.

9 comments:

  1. my mom feels the same way about cooking. do you keep the simple stuff. i always try to think of things i don't have to use the stove or anything to heat up the kitchen. but some times it does not always work. ha. ha!! ( :

    hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... LOL Big & Rich ... That's hilarious. Save a horse, ride a cowboy... that'd be ideal for Wendell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't feel much like cooking around here either in all this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. always love to see the chats I cooked a blueberry pie that was gone in a second not sure what happened.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Monopoly taking forever to play, too. We saw a show a while back about Monopoly competitions. Evidently, there is a way to play it that is actually quite short in the scheme of things. I think that it is a fun game, or can be. It all depends on who you're playing it with.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even think about cooking in the summer! Is it Fall yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may still have a game going from 1960 :)
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to know if Wendell sings along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! It's me. Wendell. I like that song. My favorite song is Wild Horses by the Stones, or Susan Boyle. I also like 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. I'm part Draft Horse- get it? Hugs from the horse~ Wendell

    ReplyDelete