Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sometimes it's so simple




Did you ever have one of those moments when the light finally comes on? After the longest time of trying to get around a problem and the solution is just so simple.
Today I saw a John Wayne quote that made me laugh at myself ~ "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

I'm terrible at drawing. It's a big problem when trying to design simple rugs freehand. I can never get things right and end up with multiple attempts and a big scribbly mess on the burlap. Tonight I had an idea. (Yeah, go ahead and alert the media). I printed out some simple shapes, in different sizes and cut them out on card stock.


TaaDah......easy re-traceable templates. Duh....why didn't I think of this before?? I'm pretty sure all you hookers are scratching your heads and wondering why it took me so long to figure this out.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,That's a great idea.I have even thought of asking hubby to draw a cow or animal and see if he is a better drawer then me. I am awful too at drawing!Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how all of a sudden something just dawns on you. There will be no holding you back now on your rug designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, I'm so glad that you are reverting to being a kid again. It's a great idea to use some retraceable shapes.
    Have lots of fun.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta remember to not be offended when you shout out to the hookers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it when the light bulb turns on:) Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a skill I don't possess, and I am in awe of those of you who do this so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is because you can draw!!! I barely can draw a box so I have to resort to that. I have a book and even Polly Minink says to use cookie cutters. I thought that was so great.
    I am so glad you cut our shapes. Now you can just go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better late than never!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better late than never, right? It's a great idea and will save you a lot of time. Too bad we can't team up - I like to draw, but I don't know how to hook a rug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooo! That paisley shape is my favorite - I can just see lots of them scattered across a rug - can't wait to see what projects you come up with using these great shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea Kim! And yes, life IS harder for the the dumb BUT it's also far more exciting for me/us/the dumb-esque - because when we DO figure things out we are SO STOKED! roflmao

    Signed, the quite 'oft dumb-ish-Issy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the rug you are coming up with.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete