Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm going for it

Just as I expected would happen, I looked at my new large hooking pattern - and looked at it - and looked at it - and the more I looked at it, the more scared I became. There are so many details and so many lines that I was almost paralyzed.
Friday night and Saturday I trolled through my various piles of stashed wool, looking for pieces I could use and general inspiration.

Finally today I decided I just had to go for it. Pick one thing and hook it. So my eyes focused on a daisy


Whew, that was easy :). So then I hooked another daisy. Then I must have gotten cocky because next thing I knew I had starting hooking a large sunflower



So I guess I was right in a previous post, you just have to do it one piece at a time. I've stopped for the evening. I was sure I had a large skein of yellow/gold slub wool but can't seem to find it tonight.
Instead I'll blog hop and knit for the rest of the evening.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, One bite or flower at a time right? I haven't hooked a big mat yet so I'll be following you and rooting you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, You shouldn't worry too much about hooking this big rug. Everything you hook looks so professional and you have Deanne to help you when you get stuck. getting the right colors is always the hardest thing for me...

    I hope that you have a nice week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    You're off to a great start!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Just the right start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- do I have the same problem! The big rugs/designs make me hesitant to start too. Can't wait to see your progress. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't hook or knit, but I've got some other things hanging over my head that need done ASAP (taxes for one!)and I'm going to just jump in tomorrow and get it all done..I hope! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my is that gonna be pretty.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were right, just go for it! Looks like you are off to a great start.
    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my "coffee" blog post. My husband loves his Keurig machine, I do not like any of the coffee for it but I do love the concept. I have my own little machine that gets put into the cupboard after each morning.
    Have a great week.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do it Kim! One happy flower face at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to see a video of how you hook your rugs sometime!! I only know the basic old latch hook method... Ya know, the ones a kid can do!!?? Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its looking good. I bet it will be lovely when its completed. My thrift shop didn't have any egg coddlers. I will have to go on ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How are you doing with your rug now? I always have that same problem, I sit and stare for days. Then I finally get up the nerve.
    I know you are out of town today but I am so glad you are off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete