Monday, March 4, 2013

Giggles and Goodies




When I got home tonight I heard this story and had to giggle. Auntie said a couple of ladies were here this afternoon to visit with her and Mom. According to Auntie, one lady was leaning over Mom and talking "quite a bit". Now, Alzheimer's patients don't typically respond well to the "too close - too much" thing. It was a little strange because the lady has been here many times and isn't normally so.....chatty.

When she was leaving, she walked about 6 feet away from Mom and Mom looked at Auntie and "loudly" proclaimed "Hmm, she should be on the radio". LOL.
God love Momma, that sarcastic little spark is still in there somewhere ;)

Two weeks ago I received a sweet little package from Kim at Field of Dreams blog. I mentioned it but I don't think I shared the pic of this sweet little stack of hearts.


They are so cute and Kim was so thoughtful to send them to me. And today when I got home I had another treat in the mail from Lesa. She knows I'm a Downton Abbey fan so she sent me this calendar and beautiful card.


Thank you to both ladies. Bloggers are the sweetest, most generous people.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

20 comments:

  1. Lol, mom s say the cutest things......Love the hearts....how nice people are in blog land.....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at your mom she does still have it.
    what great gifts! Bloggers are the best love the calender.
    I just heard O Brien is leaving.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are living right! Nice gifts and enjoy your mom's sense of humor. Hugs, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your Mom can still be a little sparky.
    I am so glad you had a good day.
    I love the calendar and the card what a sweet friend.
    I hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the same with my aunt, although she doesn't have Alzheimer's. She will be sort of helpless and vague, and then all of a sudden she'll come out with a zinger. I guess every so often her brain engages and sparks. I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I heard Obrian is leaving, too ~ I love that show just like it is ~ I don't embrace change! Funny about your mom ~ let's yu know she's still in there somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stack of hearts is pretty darn sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a great story! And she sounds like my kind of smart alec, hehe! It's true, bloggers really are the best people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet gifts you have there girl! I'm glad your mom had a good time visiting with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That had to make a typical Monday so much more fun! Love the gifts..bloggers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha!! Had to laugh at your mom's reaction...those moments where they are exhausted by someone else or my mom even rolls her eyes at others sometimes! Priceless, right!!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of mom's sitters was a chatty thin lady of 5'1" and mom was 5'10". After listening to story after story, mom called me to her room and said "how long is this little runt going to be here?".

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol! Gotta love it! :-)

    Pretty and thoughtful gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, that is funny! Very nice gifts from your blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for mom. I'm glad she still has that spark and comic relief.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom in law had dementia but never lost her sharp wit! Some of her sayings were priceless and have now become family lore.
    Glad you have so many good friends and support.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do agree about our blogging friends. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you enjoy the calendar, and those little hearts are sweeeet! I had to chuckle at your mom's wit and there are a couple of comments that had me chuckling too. My grandmother lived with us as she progressed in dementia, but I wouldn't have traded those times, even with the problems. We were so blessed to have Grandmother with us.

    ReplyDelete

  19. I'm glad that your mom still has that sarcastic spark in her. That's just too funny.
    Kim H. is a very thoughtful blogger friend and she always manages to pick the right time to pick me up.

    Have a great week and thanks for sharing a little bit of humour.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete