Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The season of change




It's not just the leaves that are changing around here. This month has been a whirlwind of changes. And although, like most, we can be resistant to change, so far they have been kind of exciting.

I would say the election is 99% behind me. There is still the odd form to look after for a few more days. That is just the beginning of the work related changes. We will have 2 new Councillors around the table next month. But the most exciting thing is that we are moving to a new Town Hall.

Today I started the arduous task of packing up 16 years of my work life.




About that "purge" thing......yeah right! You knew that wasn't going to happen. I admit it - I've just been shoving stuff in boxes. No plan, no rational organizational system, just filling boxes with whatever happened to be in reach.



It's going to be a nightmare if I need to find something for the first few days. Lol

I would guess my next post will be after "the move". Sooo excited. I can't wait to show you our new digs.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, looking forward to seeing photos of your new "home away from home." Hope you are back in the good graces of dear sweet Millie! Have a good evening, your friend from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the purging can come when you unpack those boxes...maybe! I'll look forward to seeing your new place. I hate moving...anywhere...but change can be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The election is behind me too as I voted today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purging is like breaking up. It's always a hard thing to do.
    I'm exited for you that you are moving in a new building and I hope that it will all go smoothly.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kim...not a big fan of moving but change is sometimes better.....it will all work out..... new digs....yey!!!!!Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...you're stirring up fond memories. It was a pain in the arse - but still fun - to move into new work digs....Enjoy it while the "halo" lasts....Good luck! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh, do you need to watch and episode of hoarders before you unpack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.....please don't send the Hoarder people here!!! Lol

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see your new office. It will be so nice in your new office. With windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ok, you'll get it all unpacked... eventually... I can't wait to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete