Saturday, October 13, 2012

Delusional and exhausted

Its been a long time between posts.  And I haven't really been reading all your blogs either.  I hope that tomorrow I can catch up. 

It has been busy, busy, busy. As you know I am the Electoral Officer for our town.  And up until today I have operated under the delusion that I had a level of control.  But then today at precisely 12:01pm as the first Advance Poll opened and I watched the first ballot being placed in the box, I realized that it was now out of my control.  Seriously, my stomach did a little flip.  Lol.  For a control freak like me it is always hard to watch that first one.  Now I have to place my trust in the people I have hired to work in the various polling stations.  (another hard part for a control freak)

The last few days have been a flurry of final preparations.  Lots of long hours and then trying to sleep as your mind spins.  See, I am a worry-wart by nature.  But generally that is what makes me so well prepared.  Fingers crossed.   There is one more Advance Poll on Tuesday and then Election day is next Saturday.

So my posts and comments will be sparse for the next week. I will be back to normal in a week.  But for now its good night - I'm exhausted.

12 comments:

  1. That puppy isn't a new friend of yours in the midst of chaos is it? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh kim i hope the next week isnt to hard on u!! Try enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up dear friend, I think you're going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you can rest up on Sunday. I'm a worry wort too and when in charge of something big, I like to know that every one is doing exactly what they are supposed to do and have backup in case of emergencies. I think that I''m a bit of control freak too in certain situations.

    I hate it when people don't follow the agenda to the letter.
    Take care. Hugs.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got you in prayers, I changed my blog name no more Footsteps I am now Janice Rockin My Journey!! I hope you stay calm and are able to carrying on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that is the cutest picture ever. I hope you find peace during all this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, hope you had a good sleep....take care my friend....love the sweet photo,to cute....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep breath, deep breath...I'm not doing what you are, but I will be so happy when elections are over too so people stop calling me about candidates, the tv shuts up with all the ads and the bickering between politicians can happen behind closed doors! Love the last pic BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will all be over soon. then you can rest. :) I hope. So glad you gave an update. I hope you have a bit of time to rest today. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim ~
    Soon it will all be over and your life can return to your version of normal...lol! I wouldn't know what normal is!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim , I am behind this week too! You do have lots on your plate . Good luck the week ahead.HUgs Cheri

    ReplyDelete