Sunday, September 14, 2014

It's over so soon


The weekends go by quicker all the time.  This one was no exception.  I had a bad headache hit Thursday.  It lasted through most of Friday but I felt better in the evening.  Hence the laundry and wine. Only one glass.  So I shouldn't have woken up at 4am with the return of the headache. Saturday I layed down on the couch after breakfast while I waited for the pain killers to kick in.  I can never nap during the day.  Well the next thing I knew my phone was ringing and it was 1pm.  A 3 hour nap!!
Thank goodness the phone rang or I might have slept all day. 

All day Saturday and again today.  Today it wasn't as intense so I did do some housework and washed a few blankets.  And I made a chicken stew type casserole for supper.  It was a recipe I saw on Facebook. It wasn't too bad but next time I will tweek it a little.  It needed a little more pizzazz.



And I picked up my frame to hook a bit.  I'm working on the tongues at the edges.  Not sure if I'm happy with them yet but I'll decide once I get both ends hooked.  Then I can change if it needs it.  I just need to finish one piece to get my mojo back. 


Well, back to the frame with a cup of tea.  I hope your Monday is quick and productive. (Mine included)

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your headaches. Glad you are feeling better and HOOKING! I think your tongues look great.
    Yes, these weekends do fly by.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim are those headaches a sinus type or migraine? I have suffered from sinus headaches nearly all my life. I have medicine from Dr. and OTC types as well.
    Sometimes a person just has to rest them out. Hope you feel better this week.
    Love how the tongues on your rug are hooking up... great colors! The stew looks yummy. For some reason I've been in a stew mood here too lately... nothing better on a cold crisp weekend! Keep on hookin'!!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only the weekends are flying by here, the whole months. i can't believe we're already mid September.

    Sorry about your stubborn headache. I used to get bad headaches with MSG and some types of red wine, not all of them though. I hope that it's nothing serious and I'm glad you're feeling better enough to hook.

    Your rug is looking good. Nice colors in the tongues.
    The casserole looks delicious.

    Wishing you a good week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weekend has flown! I have a few projects to fill this week and make it fly too. Next weekend will have us running to Chicago to see Mom. Busy times. I hope you're feeling better. I remember when we moved to our first home I was sick more than I had ever been...I guess it took time to get used to the new environment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I hate Sunday nights! My Monday and Tuesday are so long! but they do go by so quickly.
    hope your feeling better soon.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you have had a headache. I have had one for a couple of weeks and don't remember it bothering me the last couple days...you don't think....Nawww I hope it didn't go visit you. Sometimes they can be just awful. I am glad that you are feeling better.

    Food looks yummy and I love the colors on your project there. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

    Take care, Janet W ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim...sorry about your headache. Since I retired, I have had only a few migraines...as opposed to 2+ each month while working. ugh. Sometimes it is okay to not get much done. Ya know? Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a better week. It never is good to have a headache like that. I am glad you got such a nice nap.
    I need to get my hooking mojo back too. I got out my cutter just a bit ago. That is all, but at least it is out so I can maybe cut some wool for a new rug.
    I hope your day goes fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that s bad about the headaches, hope your feeling better. Stew looks so yummy, great on a cool Fall day.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete