Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trying a halo


Even though I am often angelic..... (OK, stop laughing now)  I am actually referring to another kind of halo.  My lastest rug project was not very well planned color-wise and I had hooked myself into a dilemma.  But as always, blog friends came to the rescue with suggestions.  

Lauren from Rugs and Pugs suggested I try a halo effect around the ladies.  I already had 2 rows hooked around and had enough wool to hook a third row and then I started hooking the remainder in a dark brown wool.  


I think it's going to work.  Thanks Lauren :)   I will hook a little more tomorrow night and see if that's enough.  I'm tempted to extend the border a little more with one highlight line but I'm going to wait before I dive in again without a bit more planning.   Unless something drastic happens this piece should be done by the weekend.  When it might get around to the binding is another story.  Lol.  The hookers dilemma --- loves to hook, hates to bind. 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, blog buddy's are the best, love that rug,sometimes our halo slips, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great solution. I do love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this appears to be a good solution, Kim! Good work! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great suggestion from Lauren. It's looking just beautiful.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I think it works just perfectly!
    Oh, you do have a halo but it may be just a bit tarnished at times :)
    Happy hooking.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's gonna be a beauty! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rug is hooking along perfectly! Halo was a great suggestion! I always say... "my halo is held up by horns... " lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that lauren is so cleaver you rug looks great! I am with you the binding is the worst and that is what I worked on last night.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is going to be wonderful! It is great to have blog friends that are always willing to help.Be blessed,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it's going to turn out great! Thanks god for blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful with the halo. Yes, that is such a true statement, hating to bind. I just make myself now because I hate letting them stack up.
    It isn't as bad as it always seems and I find I even find it relaxing but I still have to fight myself ever single time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like it will work and be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously a great idea because it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative idea!
    I'm looking forward to seeing this one when it's completed, Kim.

    ReplyDelete