Saturday, April 13, 2013

My "get up and go" went




I just realized it's been days since I posted. There just hasn't been much to say I suppose. The only fun thing I've done is go to Happy Hour with the girls Friday after work. There was a martini special and a guy singing and playing guitar at the pub. It was nice. And I deserved that martini because I had my annual mammogram that afternoon. That machine was definitely invented by a man. We get "the vise" and all men have to do is turn their head to the left and cough! It's hardly fair is it ladies?

I haven't touched my rug for days. The lupin dilemma continues to dog me. Last night I dragged the frame out and all the wool. I just looked at it for a few minutes and then put it away again. Tonight I decided to just go for it. Just hook for the pleasure of it and not worry if its perfect. I need to get some more done and then look at it more critically later. If I stress over every strand I will never get anywhere. So, although Spring flowers are not blooming here, they are blooming on the burlap.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. Evening Kim, you make me laugh with our posts, so funny.....I agree a man made that contraption, had mine done last month, yikes, hurt like you know what......Glad your still hooking, me, nope, but should, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I hear ya Kim - my get up and go got up and left (and provided no forwarding address) STILL awaiting spring - anxious to start projects on the old girl, but can't do much till it stays above freezing at nite.

    For now I'll enjoy the idea of spring with your beautiful hooked flowers :-)

    Hugs, Issy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug will be a cheerful sign of spring! Glad you are taking care of your health! Now you have a year to wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. It must be a man who invented that torture machine.
    Can you believe that a few years ago they were still pinching what little skin that was left after a radical mastectomy in that vice. They don't do that anymore, thank goodness.

    Yeah, you're hooking again... doing better than me. I'm spring cleaning cause I have to. I got invaded by hundred lady bugs in the spare bedroom upstairs.

    HUgs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    I know the feeling well... good for another year! Yay! I love how your rug is coming along! Such wonderful Spring colors and flowers.... gives one hope the real thing will arrive any day now. I don't ever remember a Spring this late in all my years! :-(
    The sun came out for two minutes here today and I thought I was dreaming..LOL!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first mammo was fine but the second follow up HURT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, that's one thing I've never had done is a mammogram. I suppose I really should one of these days. I think your spring flowers will be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My get up and go is shot! Rug is looking colorful and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think they are very pretty. I am going to hook and sew today. We got work done and today is a play day. R. is going to do Bonsai and I think it will be a nice day. I hope it is a beautiful day for you as well.

    ReplyDelete