Saturday, November 17, 2012




You can have hundreds of friends throughout your lifetime. I believe that people come into your life at different times when you need them. All of them are important, irregardless of the length of time they bless your life. Friends can be either for a season or a lifetime.
Last night one of my "lifetime" friends called me to go out tonight. I haven't seen her for a long time. Her family has had some terrible struggles in the past year. The sad truth - I just couldn't deal with it and I distanced myself. And worse, I was ashamed of myself for it.
So with much trepidation, I accepted her invite. And I had the most lovely time. Honestly, it was like no time had passed at all. We just slipped back into things like nothing. We laughed, we shared (the good, the bad, and the really bad), and we drank copious amounts of wine ;)



I guess it's OK if you don't get to see your old friends as often as you used to. The important part is that you're there when you need each other - like tonight.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a true blue friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you reconnected and had a great time. I'm sure she was happy too! Sometimes our friends become closer than our family. Have a nice weekend Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you described is what I find happens alot but true friends know when the time is right to keep the connection growing and be there for each other. I am so glad you went good for you Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it felt good ~ for both of you!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always nice to visit with old friends who are just people who know how you really are, I am glad you went. You are so hard on yourself Kim, You have so much going on in your own life.
    Email coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true. I think a "real" friend is one who doesn't measure friendship by time spent, but quality, and even it has been years, as you in your case, you can pick right up like it was yesterday. Aren't we blessed to have these people in our lives? Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, Sometimes when we have a lot were dealing with in our lives we have nothing left for others.Don't be hard on yourself just realize you knew what you could handle at the time.I am so glad you were able to pick up again.HUgs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a heart warming post Kim. I'm so glad that you accepted the invitation.
    Your friendship has stood the test of time and now it time to claim it.

    Thanks for sharing. It really warms my heart. Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad it went well, and hope you get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete