Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend snippets

It's funny how weekends feel different when you are on vacation.  I didn't have that "Sunday dread" feeling except that it signals the halfway mark for me.  But I was productive as can be seen by is bowl of snippets.
I hooked quite a bit.  I finished Bittersweet Sheep and although I have zigzagged the edge, it's not yet bound but the backing fabric is selected.   After I finished the hooking I still had some burlap left on the bottom and a big pile of worms.  

I have always envied those hookers who can just take a pile of leftover worms and make something.  So I decided to give it a try.  I had a good assortment and all fall colors.  I grabbed a sharpie and just played.   Here is a sneak peek
I started it this morning and finished it after supper.  (Not yet bound).  But I'm kind of pleased with it for a scrappy little mat.   Unless my plans fall apart tomorrow I will show you the finished project.   Scrappy is fun! 

13 comments:

  1. You're awesome!! I can tell you are getting a lot done while you get a bit of a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very productive on your vacation, Kim! This is something I've never even given thought to trying to do. I'm always impressed by your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    You are just a hookin' fool! I know I'm going to love that little fall mat. Great colors!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrappy piece! My favorite little shop was called "Backdoor Primitives". They went in a new direction. Now they are "The Wool Shop" specializing in hooking of course! I don't hook, but I'll have to stop in one day to check it out. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did great, love the scrappy pumpkin, I need to get my rear in gear and hook, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your scrappy creation. I used to hook way back in the 70's but lost interest, if I keep coming here I am sure that I will pick it up again. Beautiful pieces. p.s. I love your random post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woolie scrappy is wonderful.
    Love pumpkins.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Autumn colors !
    The pumpkins look great. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed, can't wait to see more than just the sneak peek. Like minds, eh?

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Autumn colors, can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mat. I really like your colors. I am so glad you have another break.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had even one tenth of your enthusiasm Kim! Is it Fall yet?... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are a good scrappy hooker. You're gonna wear that hook out, lol. The scrappy rug morsel looks beautiful. Great colors too.

    I'm still running behind and also running out of energy.
    Take care.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete