Monday, February 11, 2013
Sunday nights haven't been the same since my addiction to Downton Abbey began. I didn't realize last nights episode was 2 hours long and despite a valiant effort, I only managed to last until 11:20pm. I suppose the never ending snow shoveling took its toll.
But there were lots of memorable moments.
- Ethel (the former prostitute turned cook) regarding her improved cooking skills "A lady needs talents". The Dowager (with a raised eyebrow) "But you seem to have so many". A little jealousy perhaps? ;)
- As Matthew tries to get it on with Mary. Her response - "You'll make me untidy". Hmmm, she didn't say that to the Turkish guy, did she?
- The very un-catholic Lord G trying to get out of his granddaughters christening. "I went to a catholic service once in Rome. All that crossing and bobbing up and down. It was like a gymnastic event". Seriously??
- Bates to James regarding the "sleeping kiss" - "Why do you have to be such a girl's blouse about it".
- I especially love the exchanges between the Dowager and Isobel. Isobel irritates me. "As the kettle says to the pot". LOL
So, what was your favorite line? What did I miss in the last half hour? Who won the stupid cricket match? And why was Lord G being such a tool about it?
I'm off to the theatre to see Stolen Identity tonight. Looks like it will be funny. Have I mentioned how great my friends are, who know when I need to get out of my head? It bears repeating. I'm very lucky :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad