Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hooking friends

Last Tuesday I took a few hours off work to do something special.  A long time blogging pal all the way from Ohio was going to be in my town for a bit and wanted to meet.  The lovely Alice Frazier from  A Day in the Life blog.  http://alice-folkartprimitives.blogspot.ca We met at Deanne Fitzpatricks studio 
I was waiting to post this so I didn't steal her thunder but she is taking too dang long to post.  Lol.  We shopped and had lunch at the pub before she had to leave.  I have to say, although this was the first time we have met face to face, it did not feel like I was meeting a stranger.  It was more like seeing an old friend you haven't seen for awhile.
She is truly as lovely as I imagined as is her sweet hubby Sonny who was very patient as we browsed wool and patterns for awhile.  And she left me with one of her pumpkin patterns and some wool
It's so wonderful how blog land can bring people together from different parts of the world.   Now I need to finish this little pillow so I can get on to other projects 
I entered a rug challenge on a Facebook group that is really taking me out of my comfort zone and I want to get that pumpkin mat finished before Christmas.  Lol

14 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you and Alice were able to meet up.
    I joined that challenge, too. You are one step ahead of me, though. I haven't come up with a pattern yet.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to meet and have lunch. It sounds like so much fun.
    I am excited to see what you chose as a motif. I dropped out. So I won't be able to see your pattern. I like the rug you are working on, I like the color of that wool. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting a picture of the two of you. One day I'd LOVE to meet you, visit Deanne's shop and hang out.

    I'm in the same predicament as you, I had a rug going and now the challenge. Since I know my capabilities know that I can take a break, finish the one started at Cape May and STILL have the challenge rug done before deadline. You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's Alice! I bet you two ladies had a great time eating, drinking and playing in the wool. How nice that she visited with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, how nice...blogging friends are just the best and to have the opportunity to meet...well... it's the icing on the cake...Looking forward to seeing the pumpkin when hooked...Have a lovely week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so nice to meet blog friends and what a nice gift!
    I have not transferred my pattern yet I need to be sure I am ok with what I have laid out.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great visit. :)
    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to be able to meet blogging friends! I'm always impressed by your rug work. That is one thing I've never tried. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only did I not blog about our day, I just now am reading and catching up on my pals!! I can't tell you how great it was to meet you, Kim ~ I, too, felt like I was seeing an old friend! What a great surprise to find her waiting in Deanne's shop for us! She toured us around the shop ~ I think she knows it like the back of her hand! And then took time to have lunch with us and then took us into council chambers where she has her very own name plaque! I think you're a wheel in that town!!! I'll blog soon about our visit, friend ~ I loved every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, meeting blog friends is the best. Meeting you by chance at Deanne a few years ago was very special. I had never seen you before except for Millie's picture but somehow we recognized each other. I still cherish that moment...

    How nice to have met Alice at Deanne. I hope that she really enjoyed her trip to Nova Scotia. She had to pass by Fredericton to get there. At least, we breathed the same air.

    I've been away from blogger as I've been trying to catch up with Autumn work and falling so far behind everything. It's been crazy around here. This Autumn has been the busiest ever. I'm almost weaned off the computer. I have so many blogs to catch up to later.

    Your Thanksgiving rug looks adorable.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun to meet up like that and just love that Thankful piece...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful for you both, exciting.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to meet a blog buddy! Looks like it was really a nice time. I'll have to check out her blog as I also live in Ohio...I'm not a hooker however, I think it would still be fun to meet!

    ReplyDelete