Friday, June 11, 2010

Where have I been?

This week I have been travelling for work. But don't feel too sorry for me.....I got to enjoy 3 beautiful days at the Pictou Lodge for a conference. We got extremly lucky by making our reservations early and managed to get one of the new Executive Chalets. I shared this gorgeous 2 bedroom chalet with my co-worker Becky. The Lodge thought of everything when they built these. There was a fireplace in the living room and the kitchen was fully appointed. All dishware, silverware. utensils, pots/pans, full size fridge, a dishwasher, and even a blender! And two flat screen TV's mounted on the walls, one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. And you can't really see it in this picture but each chalet had its own propane bbq. Oh yeah - we were roughing it! LOL
These adirondack chairs were on the deck and were a perfect spot for morning coffees and then later for watching the sunset over the water. Quite a shabby view eh!!! Just beyond the bottom right of this pic was a boathouse with paddleboats. Some of the conference delegates had a great time cruising around the waterway.

Oh, and the sessions at the conference were great too! I didn't want you to think I spent all day on the deck! I really did attend the meetings!!


5 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Are they hiring at your company? LOL Must have been like a mini vacation!! I could handle that!! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have to work--that's the way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie! What a great place to "work"! Paddle boating on a calm lake likte that is so peaceful! Are you hiring?!?!?! ;-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim glad you had such a great place to stay while working. My daughter is lucky like that sometimes too. Me never!
    Loved your comment about my ghost. Your right a good talk about cleaning will happen soon
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim ~
    What a wonderful few days at "work". That view is just gorgeous. Glad it went so well for you.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete