Friday, October 18, 2013

SHE DRANK


I don't know how or why but my baby finally drank some at supper time.  I came home from work and she was freaking out.  Climbing and clinging to me like the world was ending.  Auntie said she had to hold her all day.  She wouldn't settle down or even sit down all day.   I looked around the house and poor auntie had different water dishes filled and placed all around the house.  She was worried too. 

I grabbed the nearest water bowl and dipped my fingers in the water and she was ravenously licking it off.  After 3 or 4 tries I gave her some cupped in my palm and she took some sips.  She wouldn't do that before.  I felt encouraged and she was starting to act a little less skittish. 

I refilled the plastic bowl right to the top and sat it down beside her on the sofa.  After a minute she creeped forward and after a very tentative sip she took another and another.   Hallelujah !

Here she is resting after her little belly was full of water.  


At last she has settled down.  Did I mention she woke me up at 1:30am, 3am and 4am?  

Ok Momma, enough pictures.  Leave me alone now.  Buzz off :)


I called the Vet's office first thing this morning.  I was put on hold 4 times and eventually was told someone would call me back.   Seven hours later.........they called back.  Ironically about 10 minutes after she drank.  I was not impressed.  The only info provided was possibly she got a shock from her metal dish.   

Anyway, fingers are crossed that she will drink again later.  But for now I'm just happy she drank at all.  
Thank you for all your concern.  These furry little babies crawl into our hearts and it's awful when you don't know how to help them.   


20 comments:

  1. SEVEN hours later? Good thing it wasn't a dire emergency! Glad she is rehydrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Millie is drinking water again. Don't you wish they could tell us what the issue is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so glad. I bet she is feeling much better now. I think pets are a lot harder than people. At least people will usually tell you what's wrong/where it hurts (usually).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Millie finally drank. She must have been so thirsty. Maybe a static shock. Get her a plastic dish.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a different Vet. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless her tiny little canine heart! Dogs do funny things sometimes, especially when they get into their senior years.... if only they could talk! Hope she continues on the path to drinking and feeling okay!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good...keep drinkin' Millie -- pretend it's Happy Hour - Free Drinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seven hours later?? Kinda like calling the doctors office. Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for Miss Millie, I'm relieved that she finally drank from her dish. It makes a lot of sense to me that maybe she got a static shock from the metal dish. Poor little thing... Our cows refused to drink water from the water trough once and we couldn't figure why until it was discovered that there was stray voltage on the water trough.
    This must have been stressful for Auntie too. I'm glad that everything is fixed and I hope that you have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad things are looking better for your 'baby.' I hope she continues to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo!!! Pretty soon you will have earned you degree in canine psychology...! All I can say is Millie's awfully lucky she has you!! (Now, can you tell me how I get my cat to STOP drinking water??? He keeps turning on the bathroom sink faucets, but fails to turn them off....) And a very belated, but very heart-felt Happy Thanksgiving to you my Canadian friend..... Just thinking about it makes me hungry for turkey and craving pumpkin!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Oh....and sorry 'bout the spideys.....I couldn't resist....)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kim, poor Millie, sweet little babe, so happy she drank , now hope she still does....Blessings Francinre

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor thing, glad she is drinking now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bless her heart. Well, I guess necessity overrode anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad she is okay. I undertstand your concern and love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy to hear that all is well now. Nice answer from your vet...NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray. It is always so awful when we don't know what is wrong. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed the previous post so I had to go and find out what was going on...thankfully Millie seems to be back on track. Hope it continues and you can have a good weekend...almost over weekend by now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the shock from the metal dish is a strong possibility! Glad she drank her water!!!

    ReplyDelete