Monday, January 6, 2014

Ruff and Random


I am trying to get back to a routine and that started with going back to work today.  It was rough let me tell you!   And it probably didn't help that I stayed up late last night to watch the return of Downton Abbey.  But I couldn't help myself :).  Yes, I still despise Mrs. Crawley and that sniveling Mosely.  And although I miss mean old O'Brien, I love that Thomas has found another miserable maid to be partners-in-crime.  

I drove to the hospital on my lunch hour and fed Mom her lunch and made sure things were OK.  (I'm trying not to be upset about things I can't control, which isn't easy for a control freak like me).  By the end of the day I was completely wiped out.  I kind of crashed just before 3pm.  I could barely hold my eyes open.  At one point I was scared I might fall off my office chair and get a concussion as my head might have bounced off the floor.   I took a little walk around the building and then "really" got a wake up.  You see, there is really no heat in the ladies washroom at work.  I learned that if you are sleepy, just take a seat in there.........This is how it felt.....


Lol. It's true.  Another supper time visit to the hospital and then tucked Mom in for the night.  And now, in the spirit of me trying to return to normal, I am sorting through wool and preparing to start a new rug hooking order.  Someone has requested another sunflower pillow. 

I'm going to try and post more regularly and eventually get around to visit a few more blogs.  My bloglovin feed went all wonky yesterday. Not sure what happened or how to fix it. 

Bye for now.  The wool is calling me

20 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for Downton Abby. and there is going to be trouble with Thomas.
    still keeping you in my thoughts glad you are back to hooking I am doing proddy not sure I love it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recorded Downton Abbey and watched it this afternoon. Now I can't wait for the next episode.

    Thoughts and prayers for your mom and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that they should not call it a Rest Room but a Wake-Up Room, lol...I hope that tomorrow will be better for you. I've had a couple ruff dog days at the farm this weekend. Everything was frozen in my end of the barn.

    My daughter is flying to Toronto tomorrow and is going to stay at a hotel overnight and she's flying to Scotland on Wednesday. I hope that she'll make out OK.

    Thinking of you at this time
    Hugs & prayers,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! That looks really cold!. Sending hugs to you, Kim. xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sense of humor remains intact...pulling a few loops tonight just might relieve some of the stress that is piling up. Know that I am thinking of you all...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Downton Abbey! I enjoyed the first episode of this season...love the costumes and the music and how I wish I had somebody to dress me in the morning! (not really..I'd hate to suck in my stomach with someone watching me) Hope this darn super freeze passes quickly..especially the one in your restroom at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put one foot in front of the other ~ somehow that will get you to your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! that is one cold biffy........Glad you are back to hooking, say what!!!! no really, will do you some good, Big Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a pretty cold restroom! I go back to work today and I'm ready to get back to some kind of routine but I'm sure after a week or so I'll be wanting more time off, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never got started watching Downtown Abbey so figured it's now a bit too late to catch up-I think its the 4th season now.
    Our home bathroom feels like that all winter-as we have no heat in there-brrrrr we did set up a propane gas heater but just too expensive to use.
    big hugs from the Ozarks-I know you are have a rough time Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you. You've been such a devoted and loving daughter, and will always be. Taking some time to enjoy what you love will help release some of the stress you've endured these weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A cold bathroom...a quick wake-up for sure!
    As for Downton....I feel so sorry for Mosley. Had to laugh when he got the $3,000 lbs "payback" and

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looked so perplexed! Lol! I like Mrs. Crowley too, more than I did. Poor lady.
    You are so good to your mother Kim. No wonder you're tired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I certainly sympathize with the situation with your mom. God bless you both.
    Can't wait to see your wool project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what it's like, taking care of a parent. Keep fighting the good fight, Kim! And playing with wool! And watching Downton!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've taken to carrying a piece of wool around in my pocket...mini calming source...my thoughts and prayers are with you on this journey with your Mom...I'm on a parallel course...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, thanks for visiting me. I will put you and your mom in my prayers. Keep hooking...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim sorry I am late here but we had to abandon The Tiny Ten and stay at The Mama's for a few days. The polar vortex got us.. : ) I use Feedly to read all the Blogger blogs and it is always going all wonky and dropping blogs off the list! The Mama loves the pillow you hooked. I think as soon as things get back to some kind of normal I want to talk to you about hooking a pillow for her. She would love it. I just need to think what design would make her happy. It would be a nice thank you for letting us stay at the house! Hugs to you Kim!

    ReplyDelete