Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wild weather means lots of hooking

This weekends weather had lots of variety. Luckily I left work Friday and tried to get all the shopping finished that evening. So that meant that Saturday I could hook all day. And I did! It was rainy and dreary outside, but I didn't mind at all.

I kept the coffee machine going all day and actually finished the 2nd side of my bullseye purse. What a great day - all snuggled into my little hooking corner. Ahhhhh....heavenly! I pulled the last loop and trimmed the tails at about 11:30pm.

Now the finishing! I don't have a sewing machine so I need to enlist my neighbor down the street. My plan was to pop in this morning with my purse under my arm and gossip with her while I waited for her to run a stretch zigzag stitch along the edges. Hmmmmm 8am and it was raining and blowing like a small hurricane. I could barely see out the windows. In fact I had to go rescue my compost cart from the next door lawn! Then in typical Maritime weather fashion, it began clearing around 10am and by noon the sun was shining and the temp was climbing. Actually, it ended by being nicer than many days we had in June. Late Indian Summer maybe??

While I waited I gathered up another little sewing job for her and dropped everything off mid-afternoon. She wants me to make her 20 knit dishclothes so I'll take it in trade.

As soon as she returns the purse I will start to put it together. For those of you who have asked - I will try to take pictures along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Kim I can't wait to see it, I had to work alot of the weekend but managed to dyed 4 new colors!! I can't wait to show you.

    ReplyDelete