Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spots and worms

At long last, I picked up my hook.  It was way past time and "Spot" needed to be transferred onto the linen.  


This is just one of the many reasons I dislike transferring patterns.  Sharpie stains!


It was a stain filled morning as I made a bit of a crime scene in the bathroom sink too.  Everytime I color my hair at home, the bottle slips out of my hand and dye flies everywhere.  Tell me I am not the only one this happens to........  One the bright side, cleaning up the stains keeps me busy while the color sets.  Lol 

But I digress....  Since Spot is a great pattern to use hit and miss, I am setting myself a little challenge.  I'm only cutting wool for the centre background and the cat main body.  The rest "must" come from this bag of worms


Should be interesting as I'm not really good with the whole hit and miss technique but we will see what happens.  Happy hooking!  



11 comments:

  1. I always have that happen to me when I transfer the pattern.
    I need to get back at it too.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Spot. That looks like it will be a fun rug to hook. I am so glad you are going to be hooking. I always look like I took a bath in Sharpie.
    I have never tried to dye my own hair, but if it is anything like dyeing my own wool and the huge messes I make I can only imagine.
    I hope you have a lovely new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim...Can't wait to see Spot finished. :)

    Have a great Monday

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a hooker but I've had stain issues too...with hair dye...yep, had a few clean up jobs in the day. Now I get it done at a salon because the color stays better. However, my hands have looked like yours after putting on makeup! (Dont' ask) Have a good time with this project and I'll look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spot will be a great rug to hook! Dyeing your hair mishaps...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you will find using those worms for the hit and miss border will be very rewarding. Can't wait to see your progress.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dyeing my hair is always an adventure...sort of why I've given up on it lately...looking forward to seeing what magic the scrap bag brings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a challenge (not unlike dying one's hair!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEP. Those Sharpie stains are a given when transferring a pattern. Spot looks like a fun one. I bet you don't even make a dent in your worms. They multiply, you know.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good challenge - can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharpies do seem to have a dark side lol
    It will be fun to see how Spot develops, he will be one unique puss and still just as magical

    ReplyDelete