Wednesday, June 12, 2013

If at first you don't succeed....

Seems like the ending to that quote ~ "...try, try again" might be the theme of this new hooked pillow. So far I've re-hooked almost as much as I've hooked. I keep forgetting that wool looks different once it is cut and hooked. Sigh....

Two different pieces of fabric look like a good contrast until they are cut and hooked and then they blend together too closely. I've hooked a little sheep which I was quite happy with and I've had the background fabric selected from the beginning. Now that I have started to outline the sheep with the background wool, I think my sheep will disappear. Arrgh. I even pulled out the top row of the sheep and added a 3rd color in the hopes of defining the sheep.


I don't think it's going to work. But I am committed to the background wool so I'm going to keep hooking and maybe I need to re-hook the sheep body later.

We are getting more rain. Days and days of it. I suspected that once I requested Friday off work, the weather forecast would change :( Yes, it's supposed to rain Friday too. But if I force myself to be delusionally optimistic I could consider a rainy day off a good excuse to hook. Lol

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

17 comments:

  1. Rain on the way here again too.
    Lovin the sneaky peek of your sheep.
    Woolie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of the weather, I was just checking the forecast and Joy said "what's the forecast in Dominica?" (the small Caribbean island she will be working on all of next week). Let's just say the lowest low was 24... NOT FAIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had about 3 drops of rain this evening and that was my excuse not to do yard work, but I haven't picked up the hook, either. I just waste too darned much time.
    Maybe a dark halo/beauty line around the sheep would do the trick.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have had rain and rain and more rain. I am so sick of rain I wish it would go to the places that are having the awful fires. I am looking forward to seeing the sun.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I am just learning , well hoping to be learning, but I do love the texture of this piece .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our rainfall total for the year is more than 13 inches above our average for this point. I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More rain??? Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. Send some my way
    I think your sheep looks really good. It looks like a nice sheep. Have a great Friday off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about some colors seems to cancel each other when they are hooked together. I'm having the same problem with my little fishing girl. The yellow just seems to cancel the flesh color of her arms. I'll have to give her another contrasting shirt. I've pulled all my mud puddle too, part of my pig and more on my girl. I've learned not to hook when depressed in the winter. It just doesn't turn out good.

    I love those colors you have in the rug though. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one done. I never have to wait too long to see your rugs done.

    That rain has caused me to be able to hook so I'm not too dissapointed although I could gotten some yard work done. Every time I start something I'm chased inside by the rain.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe try Lauren's suggestion or use that beautiful teal that I see as the background with a selection of other teals ~ would make that sweet sheep stand out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it my imagination or did you have sheepish issues before? I seem to remember one ending up the black sheep? Of course there is the very real possiblity that this did not happen at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delusionally optimistic is my favorite way to be! You are welcome to send all your rain this way though. I think you should leave the sheep the way it is, and it can just be a camouflaged sheep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sheep is beautiful, but I know what you mean about loving how something looks but having it not mesh with another detail you're committed to. You'll get it right, I know - your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so impressed with your hooking. It is something I have always wanted to do. Maybe I will give it a try :) xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am excited to see the next little peek! Of the sheep.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The rain has been relentless. On a happier note, the pillow looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am liking your sheep... can't wait to see more. Love that aqua color with the creams.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are soooooooooooo talented. sandie

    ReplyDelete