Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The spoils of war

It's over again for another year.  We had about 50 little goblins begging for treats at the door.  And you will never believe this but the very first knock on the door last night was a CLOWN......Yes it is true - luckily it was less than 3 feet tall so it didn't send me over the edge. 

Millie is much quieter tonight.  I do think her throat must be sore - she out-did herself with the barking last night. 

My patience was running low with her but the one thing that didn't run low was the treat supply.  We had over bought on the treats.  I have tons left.  I took a big bag to work this morning to get rid of some, but unfortunately several other employees had the same idea.  There is temptation everywhere.   I think the peanut M&M's are the worst - I can't resist.   I need to find a new home for some of this candy - - - quickly !

Changing topics - Have you been watching Dancing With The Stars ?  I was always a fan of Maks - I like his sarcastic edgy attitude but last night I think he went too far.  I was not impressed.

But J.R. Martinez . . . .  what an inspiration !   I think it is his season - at least I hope so.

That's it for now.

12 comments:

  1. Tom tried to pry the bowl of candy out of my hands tonight...I fought him off. If I have to have a chest cold, then I'm going down with chocolate...in any form! Our road was too lonely to get down for trick or treating. Why do we have candy anyway? Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,I like J.R. the best too, I got a comment from Anne,It was for you but posted on my blog. I posted it so you could see what she wrote to you. Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Millie's mom, I'M BACK IN BUSINESS. It feels so GOOD. My daughter Jackie helped me get my old Gmail address back this evening. I bribed her with Butter Fingers chocolates. She is more computer savvy than me.
    I'm hopeless as I have to look at the keyboard as I type and don't follow directions very well I guess.This time I have my other email address to back me up.

    Now that this news is out of the way, I'll comment on your post. This is just too funny that your first goblin was a clown, Mohahaaa.


    Poor little Millie, having to bark all night to protect you. I hope that she is treated extra special for guarding you from the goblins all evening.

    You can freeze some chocolate for when you are desperate for a treat. Thanks for all your help during my siege. Yehh, I got my identity back. Hugs. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, as far as Dancing With The Stars is concerned, I am shocked at the way Maks treated his partner Hope. I felt it was on the verge of bullying. I have a hunch it is time for Nancy Grace to make her exit. JR has my vote, what a wonderful human being he is. Hope sweet Millie is back to her old self soon. Have a good evening, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched it this season but did hear about how Maks has been acting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched it this season but did hear about how Maks has been acting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trick or treat??? What? Too late?? But I love peanut M&M's!! Never mind...I have tons of leftovers of my own...We snagged a whopping 4 trick or treaters this year...which is 4 more than we had last year, so I'm happy.... HA!! Too funny 'bout the clown!! (Didn't you recognize this crow done up clown fashion? Told you, if I could, I would! ;o)) Nope - don't do DWTS...have too many vices to atone for the way 'tis....Smiles & November Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. David has been going through the candy he has a draw full he bribes the nurses with. So when there is nothing much to do I get in the draw. I am going to weigh a thousand pounds before I get home.
    glad there was no big clowns to scare you
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I covered my leftover candy with an empty box, and then put it in another room until I can figure out what to do with it...just a thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no left-over candy so you can send yours to me! :D

    I love DWTS but Maks has quite the attitude lately. Ricki and J.R. are my favs and should be in the finals. I just love Derek and his choreography so I am always cheering for him no matter who he dances with. The tango that he did with the pro - AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete