verb, -fled, -fling.
–verb (used with object)
1. to quell, crush, or end by force: to stifle a revolt; to stifle free expression.
2. to suppress, curb, or withhold: to stifle a yawn.
3. to kill by impeding respiration; smother.
–verb (used without object)
4. to suffer from difficulty in breathing, as in a close atmosphere.
5. to become stifled or suffocated.
Blogger has stifled me. Do you think they are sending me a message that I yap on and on too much?? I can't leave any comments on any of your blogs.
I am reading your posts but my wise and thoughtful opinions are being stifled. (OK maybe I stretched it a teeny bit with the wise thoughtful remark) Lol I meant my silly rambling remarks on all YOUR wise thoughtful posts are not being recorded.
I love this cat. Sometimes when I am rambling I imagine this is what you all are thinking.......hahahaha
I have spent the majority of the past 2 days in meetings. At times I envisioned myself as Archie Bunker and it was all I could do not to scream "Oh Stifle it". But that would have been a BAD career move.