Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Word of the Week

The Word of the Week is  Chameleon

cha·me·le·on     [kuh-mee-lee-uhn, -meel-yuhn]
–noun

1. any of numerous Old world lizards of the family Chamaeleontidae, characterized by the ability to change the color of their skin, very slow locomotion, and a projectile tongue.

2. any of several American lizards capable of changing the color of the skin, especially Anolis carolinensis (American chameleon), of the southeastern U.S.

3. a changeable, fickle, or inconstant person.

4. ( initial capital letter ) Astronomy . Chamaeleon.
 
If you recall from my last post - I was attempting to save my sanity by hiding in my office.  Melaine had a great suggestion - to dress in the wall color and blend into the background.  Love it - So next week I'm going beige head to toe.   Do you think it will work??

Also, if you go back to my definition, at the end of #1 it mentions a projectile tongue.   Hmmm, this is what I feel like doing a lot of the time
However, maybe if I kept my tongue in my mouth more and yapped less I could avoid doing this....


But for now I will dig through my closet and look for lots of beige and see if I can pull off the Chameleon thing.   Now that I think about it - this could be useful at home also.   
 
Oh and no post on Chameleons would be complete with a reminder of this.....
So you remember this song?   Oh Man - the 80's........What were we thinking????

14 comments:

  1. Oh man do I remember that song. Karma, Karma Chameleon. Haven't heard that song in ages. I wish I could become like a chameleon and disappear some days. I think it would help with sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Boy George, now he was someone I totally forgot about. Yes, sometimes it is just good to blend into the background. I liked the foot in the mouth because I find I suffer from that disease more often than not. :)
    You have to admit seeing a Chameleon is quite interesting. I never saw one in person until a couple of years ago and it amazed me how they could blend.
    I don't blend to well.
    I hope you day is really great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you find out if this is successful for you , just let me know and I'' try to change into a chameleon too. Do you think that I could disguise myself like a pile of hay, or a pile of... cow manure...? Maybe I could just go and hide in a vacant calf pen. At home I could disguise myself as pile of paper... This dark and dreary day is so not well disguised as sunshine. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I turned into a chameleon would my students still call my name 9,000 times a day? Or would they listen more because they couldn't see me? It could be interesting! ;-)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beige idea especially for one who suffers from "hoof and mouth" disease!!! Oh Kim, I cannot thank you enough for the laughs you give me - such a bright spot in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a chameleon as a pet when I was a kid. Yep, he blendid right into the draperies and sofa cushions. Sometimes he almost got sat on!
    I think you're a bit too flamboyant for such a disguise, but it may be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim let me know how that works for you. I could use a little chameleon qualities at the office from time to time.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. A chameleon seems somewhat delusional or discombobulated to me. . . always trying to blend in. Doesn't he get a migraine anticipating what relentless predator will obliterate him? WHATEVER! Be fierce - get vindictive - demolish the losers who speak all that balderdash! Don't grope through life blending in! (Having a couple of zombies and getting loopy helps too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim,As a kid we had lots of chameleons. I remember when we couldn't find one of them . We found him stuck in our station wagon door. I guess he blended in too well. Ow! Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still laughing at Julia's comment! It's so visual that I can't quite visualize blending with the cow manure!! Thank-you both for a ton of laughs! LOVE LOVE it!
    I heard Boy George is making a come back! :O
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahah! I was thinking of that song from the moment I saw the post title! You should work with me in surgery..we all dress alike, wear masks over our faces and shower caps on our heads so no one really knows us or our hair! It's very easy to hide in your "happy place"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're such a hoot Kim! Good luck with the experiment - and be grateful your office isn't painted pea-green like mine was! (PS - Thanks LOADS for getting that dang song stuck in my head....You'll pay for that My Pretty!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim I just read that you had some of the lemon cake at Deanne's I am very jealous...it looked very delish!!
    Michelle great job with the words of the week. too funny!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend!
    a bientot,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Denise,
    That lemon cake was delish. Lucky timing on my part! hehehe
    And Michelle came through again with a fab comment. I think a lot of my readers wait for her response on Wednesdays - I do.

    ReplyDelete