Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Wednesday Word of the Week
1. senseless, stupid, or exaggerated talk or writing; nonsense.
2. Obsolete . a muddled mixture of liquors.
Origin: 1590–1600; of obscure origin
I think it is fair to say that this word could apply to a majority of my posts. It is also a word that has popped into my mind several times this week.
I really can't post anything related to my job but if I could you would often be rolling on the floor.
I sat in my office this afternoon, attempting with all my inner strength to maintain some degree of professionalism and all I could do was utter a string of grunt-like syllables "Uhmm, ahh, buttttt, huh"
I'm kind of a "tell it like it is" gal, so it was hard for me not to say "Are you freaking nuts??"
While I'm listening to all this Balderdash I sometimes hear my grandmothers voice in my head. She had lots of little "balderdashy" sayings.
- The lights are on but nobody's home.
- That boy's as sharp as a sack of wet mud.
- His/her elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.
- ......not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
- ....dumb as a bag of rocks.
How's your week going?