Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's Loser Thursday


It is weigh-in day at work for the weight loss / wellness challenge.

Drum roll please . . . . .   I'm a Loser.  Only .6 pounds this week though.    And by the way - I just want to draw your attention to the .6  which is slightly more than half a pound.  I am not rounding down for reporting - I want credit for every ounce.  LOL   So the total weight loss for 2 weeks is now  2 .4 pounds  (but if you want to round UP in this instance to 2 and a half - I'm OK with that.) 

It's funny how we are with rounding numbers eh! 

I know that any amount down is a good thing, and that is exactly what I would tell any of you - but the truth is - I'm a little disappointed.  

I had hoped it would be more but the truth is I know what happened.  I didn't drink as much water each day as I should have and I didn't really do a lot of activity.  All of which are important.  And I spent a lot of time in long meetings this past week - sitting on my butt for 3 -4 hours straight.


But now I'm focused and motivated again.  I want to see that number on the scale drop more next week. 

I wonder if this would work ?


Wouldn't it be nice if it was this easy ?




14 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It's better than gaining. I hate that drinking all that water really does help, but it does. So pat yourself on the back and go forth into another good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, as you say, you did lose! Pat yourself on the back and round it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! *Over* half a pound is an awesome loss! At least you are keeping track of what you're doing (or not doing) so you know how to change it next week. Keep going! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH you make me laugh!!! I am so glad you are a loser!!! That is great! Just think of the new clothes you will be able to wear in the spring.
    I love all of those comics you put up today.
    Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S. I love a looser especially when it's you. Hey, friend, 2.4 pounds of butter is a lot of fat melted. I'm proud of you...

    Calories are so sneaky, they disguise themselves as the good guys so sweet and so pretty and they like to cling to butts rather than the boobs don't they. You show them who's the boss but don't shoot the messenger like in the picture. lol... Good luck with weight loss. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wish I would get on the bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is the way I look at it. I probably would have gained 1.5 pounds if I wasn't watching my weight so being .6 down is really 2.1 down. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I know my eyes are bad!
    Last week I thought you posted that you lost 18 lbs. and I thought 'holy crap!' how's she losing so fast??? Then another 6 lbs. this week!!!
    How was it that I didn't notice the decimal points? Geez! I wanted to go on the same plan!
    Well, it's a good loss and you should be proud of yourself. And I should go get new glasses....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm cracking up at Pat's comment!
    Those comics are a good laugh too!
    It's been a struggle here since last August when I began the love hate relationship with the bathroom scale. Never thought I'd do the happy dance over .2 but alas if it's lost it's lost!!!
    It's so hard to get the movement thing going this time of year too like parking way across the parking lot instead of right up by the door! LOL! But when it's 20 below I say fooey on that!
    Hang tough!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim ~
    Anything in the negative column is positive! Yeah for you. Sure wish I could get motivated.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you!! I just put myself back on Weight Watcher points. I did have one last cookie binge the day before I started, but I've hung in with the regime for two whole days...which is something. I'm rather cold, though, without all those lovely bread, cookie, and cake carbs!
    Keep up the good work!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cartoons! I do wish it was that easy. I'm also on a weight loss journey..a slow one! So congrats to you and any loss is a good loss! I just bought a walking dvd featuring the chick that has a bunch out..I think her name is Linda Sansone...you think I would remember it! I really enjoy this and it's good exercise. So, as they used to say at a weight loss place I went to years ago: "See you lighter later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any weight loss is good. I have been trying hard myself lately. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete