Saturday, January 14, 2012

Afternoon social

This afternoon I was invited to a friend's house for a little afternoon social.  Well, sort of.  Actually it was one of those selling parties - like those old time tupperware parties.

I hate those things.  You always feel obligated to buy something and the prices are always high.  (Its OK to say this, she doesn't read my blog)
But I don't get to see her very often so that part was nice and I saw some other people I knew.  I had a nice time.  And yes,  I bought some things.

The party was for Epicure products.  Its a line of spices, seasonings and bakeware.  I ordered a few spice blends and a new silicone steamer.

And I even behaved at the snack table.  I sampled a few dips with veggies and stuck close to the fruit tray.   And tonight, although I am dreaming of potato chips, I am munching on grapes (zero points)

I am spending less time on the computer the past few days and more time hooking.  I peek in on all of you every once in awhile but am not leaving as many comments.   I will catch up with you all soon, but I really need to get this rug a little further along before I can relax. 

So, here is another little piece of the puzzle.   Short post, but just wanted you to know I was still alive.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! You were good. I worked all day and I am starving. I made the kids popcorn for their game night, I swear I could eat both huge bowls all by myself. I have three snacks lined up to eat when I watch my favorite show tonight, Grimm.
    But that popcorn is calling my name. I added M&Ms to one batch so I could get rid of them.
    I should be hooking too, just to keep my hands busy.
    It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your rug is looking quite delicious. I can't wait to see more.

    Good for you for sticking to your hooking.

    I was leaving a comment earlier when I got a skype signal from my daughter and son in law and my granddaughter so we've been visiting for a while. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been peeking into blogs but I haven't been leaving my usual amount of comments...or posting for that matter! Trying to get caught up with too many projects and that darned work I have to go to! I love the soft colors in your rug and can't wait to see the finished design. I don't like buying parties either!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rug looks sweet Kim! Keep on hookin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty, can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good kim,I got some more wool for my background and I am going to be working away on that this week,Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun you little hooker! I love that rug pattern..just in time for Valentines day. I hate those type of parties too, but usually I have fun. And usually I spend too much money! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, its coming out nicely. You really need to close the lap top if you want to get anything done. By you I mean anybody who needs to finish a project. Sometimes I open my lap top and tell myself ok, just 40 minutes and before you know it its been an hour and a half. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete