Monday, August 2, 2010

This and That

So far ~ so good.  I'm on vacation.  The weather has been hot and  sunny.  The humidity has gone on vacation too.   Woo Hoo !!!!!

I even slept in this morning.....9:30am!  Can you imagine!  I don't remember the last time I did that.  I'm doing everything you are supposed to do on vacation - eating too much and lounging around.  

I  spent much of the past 2 days on the deck in the sun, then under the umbrella, then back in the sun.  Millie, my loyal companion by my side.  I also finished a good summer book.  I love to read but  haven't done that much lately, so finishing a book was a big accomplishment.
A fun summer book.  Three women, three secrets, and a cottage on Nantucket.  (OK, keep the dirty limericks to yourselves!  LOL)

I'm hooking away on my little chicken rug.  Not sure about the wing....it looks a little funky to me.  But I'm gonna wait until the rest is finished before I do something stupid - like re-hooking!  Maybe it will look OK when I see the whole mat hooked.

Thanks for all the great compliments on the starfish pillow.  I might try to hook a 2nd one after all.

Gee, its been about an hour since my last snack.  I better go grab something.  (See, I was serious about eating too much)
Later!

2 comments:

  1. Kim ~
    Your vacation sounds perfect to me! Not much is better than sleeping in, lounging on the deck, reading, hooking and eating (calories don't count on vacation!) ~ heavenly!
    Please share the progress on your rug soon!
    Pug hugs to Millie :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your well deserved vacation and as Lauren stated quite correctly, calories don't count on vacation!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete