Sunday, August 1, 2010

Starfish

This summer, it seems that starfish have become a theme.  There are more on the beach than normal.  And I have purchased a few new pieces of summer jewellery, you guessed it - Starfish.

 This post is a little late.  A few weeks ago I attended a workshop by Deanne Fitzpatrick.  It was "White on White" - a summer starfish pillow.  I always struggle with the tone on tone color graduations, so this class was alot of fun.  There are several different textures.  I used wool strips, yarn, roving, and even a little lace ribbon!  Its a cute little pillow.   I might even hook a 2nd one - maybe with a sand dollar? 
 Below are a few photos I took last month at the beach.  A little starfish inspiration.



9 comments:

  1. Kim,
    I am in love with that starfish pillow!!!! Yes Yes! Make a sand dollar one! You NEED to have a collection of those pillows!
    Love the starfish photos too! Do you find them attached to the shells that way? You can tell I don't live by the ocean LOL!! Been there once or twice and I've always loved shells and starfish etc!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starfish pillow is amazing! You did a wonderful job with the tone on tone. Can't wait to see the sand dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your starfish pillow! It is so Summer! A sand dollar one would look great with it!

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey kim,

    what a great pillow!
    makes me long for the beach.... :(

    i love the idea of doing a sand dollar...
    i used to collect them with my gran when i was little
    i couldn't believe when you posted ALL those sand dollars you and company found!!!!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love the star fish pillow. I love the tone on tone. Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim ~
    What a sweet little pillow and as usual your photos are out of this world. Thanks for sharing.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim-your pillow is magnificent!! love it!
    Judith
    of GOHOOKIT.blog . . . . . using sons computer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pillow! lucky you to take a class with Deanne.

    ReplyDelete