Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sugar Rush

We took a little road trip this afternoon.  Probably not a wise move for the waistline.   But since calories don't count on vacation......

Auntie and I drove into New Brunswick and stopped at three different little Acadien French Bakeries!! 

Ohhhh, we could hardly contain ourselves.  Sooo many choices.

Here are a few of the delicious packages we returned home with:

Cherry Pineapple squares
 Hello Dolly......
 Blueberry Pinwheels and Honey Swirls..... I can only imagine that this is what Heaven serves for snacks!
There were also some chocolate macaroons, but sadly they did not survive the drive home.  Well......we needed to keep up our strenth!   LOL 

After all that sugar I had some extra energy and finished binding up Big Red.
I have a new pattern to start but I'm too wired to concentrate on color selection so I'm knitting a couple of dish cloths to pass the evening.   If I keep my hands busy I might stay out of the pantry!

6 comments:

  1. Your rooster rug is the best! It's always satisfying to get the binding done. Kim I think I gained 10 lbs. looking at those photos LOL!! I hope you took Millie for a nice long walk!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rooster rug! And I'm a sugar junkie too. That stuff looks Great!
    I started a new project today. A purse for my MIL. She's going to "babysit" Jimmie Dean while we go on vacation.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Red looks good ~ but the pastries really catch my eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm... I'll take 3 of each please... well, maybe 4 of the pineapple cherry ones! Quality pastries are certainly a slice of heaven! Love that rooster rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how much we have in common! I knit those silly little dishcloths in between hooking too!!

    I also love to indulge in treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sugary desserts and the rooster!

    ReplyDelete