Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Ramblings

First, I have had some chuckles reading the comments on my fiddlehead post - especially Linda's.......worms hahaha. Thank goodness Julie has at least heard of them before. I was starting to feel weird for eating them!

Now on to Sunday's post. The good news is that I woke up this morning without the migraine that has been tormenting me for 2 days. Woohoo! And it was bright and sunny outside - another bonus as I have been stuck in most of the weekend.

Seems like perfect conditions to go for a country drive and play with my new camera. Oh, did I mention I bought myself a fancy new camera?? Did I also forget to mention I don't know how to use it?? Oh well, I'll figure it out as soon as I have a coffee. While I was brewing the coffee the house felt a little damp and chilly so I turned up the thermostat a few degrees.........nothing! Crap - furnace is broken and its Sunday so that means a double-time call out charge for the repair guy!!! So I spent all the rest of the morning waiting for him to arrive and eventually figure out its a broken switch. This bill is going to be horrendous!

By now its noon and starting to cloud over a bit. But I figured a little country drive must boost my mood so I headed out - better late than never. I did manage to take a few pictures, none too great but at least I am experimenting with some of the settings.

This is a shot of the Tidnish River with the Chignecto Ship Railway Bridge way on the background left.
The other side of the river with a few boys out for a little boat ride.
And this precious little face was poking out of the back deck as I drove in the driveway. I couldn't resist. I think she missed me!
Maybe next weekend, with no disasters I can take some more interesting practice pics.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Kim...the last one being the cutest..look at those beautiful eyes...Happy to know your headache has disappeared. It may come back again seeing that you have problems with your furnace...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty cool here today, too, but I didn't have to turn the heat on.

    They did look like worms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    Glad the headache is gone.
    I think you are off to a great start with your new camera. Those are great shots!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    I agree with Anne ... LOVE the last photo .. Mom's home is in her eyes.
    Stay warm!
    Teri♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny about the fiddleheads. As a displaced Maritimer who grew up on them, I go nuts when they are in the supermarket in Ontario - even at $5.98 a pound!! Yikes. But there is still no better meal than fresh salmon, potatoes and fiddleheads. My mom did a white sauce that went on everything - not sure what it was, but it was the best ever!!!

    ReplyDelete