Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sometimes a refund is a bad thing

Several months ago I broke down and bought a Townsend Cutter and 2 cutter heads. As this was a major investment, my plan was to add new size heads once or twice a year as the budget permitted.

Some plans were not meant to be...... I'm sure all you rug hookers know by now that Townsend is closing their business in a few weeks. As soon as I read the sad news on another blog last weekend, I went directly to Ault's website and ordered 2 additional cutter heads. Woo Hoo ---or so I thought! Two days later I checked Ault's blog and read that they had received more orders than they had stock, so it was a waiting game to see if I would be one of the lucky ones.


Sigh.......last night I received an email from Larry Ault and they could not fill my order and were refunding my Paypal account! Bummer............ I have been franctically searching the web, and even put my name on a waiting list at Searsport Rug Hooking, but its not looking promising.

This is one time that getting money back SUCKS! I still have my Fraser cutter to fall back on for different size cuts but its just not the same.

4 comments:

  1. Kim ~
    I feel the same way. By the time I found out about Townsend closing its doors, it was too late to find any cutter heads. Ault's would not put me on the list and nothing to be had at Searsport. Bummer, isn't it? I am hoping that perhaps someone will buy the patent or whatever. There obviously is a demand!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so disappointed when I heard the news.
    I just can't believe that some place down the line they will sell that patent to someone. We can only hope. I have one and have an 8, 81/2,9.
    But I know there are gals who were saving to purchase one.

    So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    That sounds about like my luck .. After you save for something and figure you will add to it as times goes by .... that really does suck!
    Keep your fingers crossed that someones does pick the patent up.
    Teri♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is bad luck, really bad luck. I'm hoping that another company will take the patent and start making the cutter again.

    ReplyDelete