Sunday, May 30, 2010

Picasso........maybe not.


Corinne at Momz Wool has been working on some new dye techniques and recently took a class on painting wool. When I started the outhouse rug she offered to "paint" the wool for my sky. I really couldn't get my head around it, but I was curious enough about it to say yes. I guess I kept thinking about thick globby paint, drying crunchy on the wool.

We had picked out a few shades before so when she called me today to come over I assumed she had finished the wool. But when I got there, she had the natural wool soaked and spread out and she handed me the paint brush! No way - I thought she was joking.....but she wasn't! Once I started - it was a blast. Just started swinging that brush with 3 different dyes mixes. Here is the end result. I'm just getting ready to cut it up.

Here is the outhouse rug progress. I can't wait to see how this wool will look in the sky. I'm hoping it will have a mystical kind of feel.

And last but not least, my lilac tree has started to bloom. There are lots of blooms on the top so it looks like it is recovering from the storm damage.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hey I read over on Corinne's blog all the fun you two were having! I can't wait to see what that looks like hooked for the sky! I love your rug so far and think you did an awesome job on the birch tree! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy if you could see the flowers on the left side in person they are adorable. Kim and I did have fun and have planned more painting projects, some brown foliage and green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wool painting turned out beautiful. I think it will look great as your sky. I love the out house.

    ReplyDelete