Friday, October 16, 2009

I've been keeping a secret!

Well it wasn't my intention to keep it a secret but I was scared to mention it too soon, in case I chickened out. On Wednesday I got braces on my teeth! I guess it goes with my new found philosophy (did I spell that right?) to start doing a few things just for me.
I am sore as heck, but it will be worth it in the end. I might even lose a few pounds since all I've eaten for a few days is pudding, apple sauce and cream of wheat. Tonight I was so hungry I popped an extra Advil and had some french fries with gravy. Semi-solid food - big step!

It wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. A few people gave me horror stories before but luckily it wasn't like that for me. There was a few minutes in the dental chair where I thought I might be auditioning for "Silence of the Lambs". They need to keep your teeth dry for the glue to adhere so they put these cheek spreaders in your mouth and in the middle is this plastic basket -----this is where you stick your tongue to keep it out of the way. Yes, it is a basket. And all I could think of was that thing over Hannibel Lecters face in the movie. I was trying so hard not to laugh, because I thought I might choke to death! Seriously, if he had looked down and called me "Clarisse" I was outta that chair! LOL

So this year, finally, the Halloween candy is safe. I can't eat any of it. Hmmm, I didn't really think this through, did I??

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, Millie, you DO come up with the funny stories. I'm sure you will be proud of the outcome and BTW, I have gotten into the darned candy. Bought tootsie rolls because I didn't like them much but discovered I don't mind them at all. Guess I will have to get back to the store before Halloween...
    Take care of yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween wallpaper! And good for you about the braces. I missed biting into apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound like you are in too too much pain. The braces will all be worth it for sure.

    We missed you today at the Rug Hook-In.

    ReplyDelete