Monday, October 12, 2009

Hooking with Dora


Yes, this is a Dora the Explorer Lunch Bag - And yes its mine! Cute huh!
And the background story is kind of cute also. It all started last week when I asked a friend of mine (lets call him "B") if he had an insulated lunch bag I could borrow. Tomorrow is my first ever hooking class and we have to bring a lunch. Now, the only reason I asked him is because I have seen him with several different ones over the years. (But never a pink one)
Of course he said yes, because to be honest, he never says no to me. :) So the next day I arrived at work, and this pink little bag was sitting on my desk.
Look, I laughed so hard and couldn't figure out where he dug this up. And then it dawned on me......why did this grown up, manly man - with 2 grown boys - have a pink Dora lunch bag?? Seriously, it was a little disturbing.....heeheehee.
So later in the day when I called to thank him - and more importantly - quiz him about why he had this - thats when he surprised me..... He went out that night on purpose to BUY it for me.
Awwwwwww, how sweet is that? He knew I liked pink and thought I would get a chuckle out of it. He is the sweetest! Its ironic, this guy who likes to say I'm "High Maintenance" could make me so happy with a little pink bag. I'm definatley Low Maintenance!!!!!
Time to gather up my supplies for tomorrow and figure out what yummy treats I will fill Dora with.
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Everybody should have a friend like "B"! I hope you have a wonderful time with your hooking group.

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great work buddy!
    P.S. Love Millie's Halloween look!

    ReplyDelete