Monday, July 2, 2012

Not long enough

It was a gorgeous long weekend, but why is it that on the night before you return to work it never seems long enough??

We celebrated Canada Day with our Vermont family arriving for a month at the beach.  The traditional welcome lunch of lobster rolls, potato salad and strawberry shortcake was pretty tasty too.

I followed the family out to the cottage to help them unpack the car.  To say they had the car packed to the rafters was an understatement.  It looked like they brought everything but the kitchen sink.  And truly, I wasn't sure I wouldn't find it somewhere in the car before I was finished.   Sheesh, I had to cool down and rest with a cool "drink" after all that unpacking :)

Then there was the fireworks display in town for Canada Day.  We can see them from our house, so no need to go downtown, fight for a parking space and get eaten alive by giant mosquitos.  However, once the first 2 exploded, Millie freaks out, climbs up me and attaches herself to my neck.  In fact the fireworks were over for at least 15 minutes before I could peel her off me.  She is such a brave, brave doggie.  NOT

Today was another sunny day at the beach.  I packed up the Golden Girls so they could visit with the family and spent some time on the beach, and reading under the pines.


This photo is just taken using my phone so its not the greatest.  Note the sun flares - if I was trying to do that on purpose, it wouldn't have worked!


I guess I am tired out from all my relaxing all weekend.  So that's all I have for now.
Have a great week

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim and welcome! Your vacation spot looks lovely. Enjoy!
    xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day Kim. What a perfect spot you have for relaxing with family and friends, ah, the lazy days of summer. I do hope Miss Millie has recovered, Winslow Homer, too shall suffer just as dear Millie has. Fireworks, thunder, loud noises, the poor boy just pants and trembles. Sending summer greetings, Julie and Winslow Homer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    Happy belated Canada Day to you!
    It kind of sucks that our 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this year. I have the day off but it will be hard going to work on Thursday :(
    So happy the Golden Girls were able to spend time with family at the beach.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Canada day Kim! Here in Ohio we're going to celebrate Canada day tomorrow for one of our nurses who's from Canada. We take care of everyone here! We're suppose to bring food...so do I bring bacon? syrup? beer? You tell me! Love the pic of the chairs with the sun streaming..looks like God is blessing that spot just for some lucky person to come and rest there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some vacations can be great, but tiring. You need a vacation after your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful spot. And you've got me wanting a lobster roll! Happy Canada Day!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely clam shells. I am glad you had such a nice week. Now you only have four days left. :)
    It looks so nice, I am glad to see pictures. I hope now you will be going out there in the evenings.
    I hope you have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those starfish on the shells for real??????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kim, love your little cabin in the pines, so cute. Glad you enjoyed the long weekend, Happy Belated Canada Day,we enjoyed ours at the lake also. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just picture little Millie attached to your neck and shaking. We had a dog that when it thundered would wrap himself behind the toilet. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fireworks are pretty but I always worry about the pollution they leave behind and I think that seriously our tax money could be spend in more productive and lasting ways. Not to mention the effect it has on the poor animals and the planet. Millions of dollars all over the world is wasted. Long time pain for short time gain...

    Poor little Millie, she has no idea what is going on with the big noise.

    I hope that you'll find the time to relax with your Vermont family after work. Too bad your vacation doesn't coincide with theirs. Maybe you can fix it for next year.

    Take care. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed your pictures! It's fun to see how different "the beach" is from place to place. I've come to the conclusion that every beach is beautiful and wonderful.
    You have a funny dog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Canada Day....Yeah, I'm behinder than even normal. I missed out on fireworks this year - usually I can spy some rogue neighbor's from the porch or back patio....but not this year. Guess that's ok as they scare the dickens out of me unless they're far, far, away. Wow - you're just an entertaining fool these days....First your faux family, now your faux sister.....You WILL need a vacation soon! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete