Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What to do with that townsend budget????

Now that Townsend Industries has closed and I can no longer randomly purchase new cutter heads, I am faced with a dilemma. What will I do with the money I will be saving on townsend equipment? Hmmmmm, so many choices.....

Well, not really. When I bought my new camera equipment and decided to dabble in photography as a new hobby I purchased several books. Every one of them warned that you would soon develop a serious condition called................."lens envy"!!!!! I thought Noooo, not me. I will be perfectly happy with the 2 lens choices I had. They will do for a year or so.

HA - What was I thinking??? Last night I decided I "needed" (yes needed, not wanted) a macro lens to take clear close up shots. So what did I do first thing this morning? Duh, I ordered one!

Come on....you must know me by now! A tad spontaneous and impulsive but, whatever! AND there are 2 empty compartments left in my camera bag and they looked so lonely and empty! So really, it was a compassionate purchase....to make the camera bag more content...... (OK I know I'm stretching it here. hahaha)

Hopefully it will be here in a day or two and I can make another visit to Alice's garden to see if this lens is as awesome as I hope!

3 comments:

  1. "Lens Envy"... LOL! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your friends garden! I thought the pics from the previous post looked pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some choice pics for you to take, ummmm OK never mind that.

    A 'Macro Lens' I have never even heard of that one, I guess I'm not a Photography expert I can't wait to see the new pics I thought the last ones I saw on FaceBook were high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be expecting some pretty awesome photography on your blog now! LOL ( I thought your photos were already looking fantastic!) Cathy G

    ReplyDelete