Tuesday, July 2, 2013

100 Chats

Today is a milestone for Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty blog.  Together they have been hosting this weekly blog gathering for 100 posts!

That is a lot of questions but even better, that is a lot of fun and fellowship between bloggers.   I admit I haven't participated in all of the Chats but have enjoyed it when I'm able and have met lots of lovely new bloggers this way.

So in honor of Wendell, lets raise a glass of carrot juice and get straight to this weeks questions.

QUESTIONS
  1. What's the best advice anyone ever gave you?
 
Gee, this is a hard one because my grandparents had literally hundreds of old sayings and expressions that continue to resonate with me on a regular basis.  Perhaps my favorite is "I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet".   As I grew up this took on more meaning for me and it is why I always try to remember (when I start to get whiney) that things could always be worse.     
 
2.  Do you have houseplants?
 
Yes we do but only because my Aunt looks after them.  I am not good with plants.  Every single one I have tried to keep in my office has died.  Definitely not a green-thumb kind of girl :) 
 
3.  Do mosquitoes bother you or leave you alone?
 
I'm afraid I am a magnet for mosquitoes.  They love me
 
4.  What's your favorite charity? If you have one.
 
I have experienced first hand the amazing work done by the Victorian Order of Nurses.  We would not be able to care for Mom at home without their help.  The in-home support and programming they provide is wonderful.
 
5.  Do you like mint? Which variety is your favorite?
 
The kind of mint that does in here.........Mmmm, Mojito's 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Ben fixed Mojiito's the other night at his house.
    The mint was wonderful.
    I forgot about the no shoes saying. My grandparents said that too.
    I hope you have a very nice Tuesday.
    Is your Mom better? What about Nana and Poppy? I have been praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mosquito magnet, too. They have always loved me. I spent my summers as a child all welted up because of them. That hasn't really changed too much since I've grown up, either.

    Maybe some day we'll find relief from the little vampires!

    I enjoyed your post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best advice my mom gave me was" Always do your work as if someone was watching because God see everything you do" so I still do that, so no putting the dust under the carpet, he,he...

    I have way too many big house plants . They get water from the dehumidifier or rain water. Water from the water softener kills them.

    Mosquitoes love me too.

    I have too many to choose because they all have affected me in one way or another.

    I love spirmint.

    Hope your mom and love ones are doing better.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the mosquitoes love me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,#1 ... that bought tears to my eyes. tough one to take. but so true. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your mint answer! :)
    My sisters keep telling me that my plants won't die if I water them...whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to try a Mojito. It's the official drink of Miami you know, they say it was invented here. This hotel has 300 varieties of that one drink, go figure. Everyone says they're tasty. I like your advise. I love hearing old timer advise, it has a parable or fable feel to it that takes my imagination to a simpler time. Have a blessed week :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some great advice from your grandparents. I, too, try to be thankful for what I have, rather than complain about what I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are a lot alike! lol I too am a mosquito magnet. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skeeters seek me out too and that Mojito looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right that things could always be worse. I'm a skeeter magnet too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a mosquito magnet, buy my hubby is! Now I must have a Mojito!!

    ReplyDelete