Sunday, March 17, 2013

Leprechauns and Bunnies




Guess I'm a little late to say "Top of the Morning to you", but Happy St. Patrick's Day anyway! My Mom always loved this day. Her father and her were always proud of their Irish roots. Today I dressed her in green, just because :)
She had several friends visit her today. They all remember how much she loved this day.

I made one of our "traditional" green desserts - pistachio squares and I celebrated with my own version of green food





And in between the beginning of the weekend and the end of the weekend I somehow found the time to finish my Paisley Bunny Pillow. It's listed on Etsy here
Paisley Bunny

He/she would make a great addition to your family. Great personality and completely house broken ;)

Hope you all had a great St. Paddy's Day



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

14 comments:

  1. Pistachio dessert! Now, why didn't I think of that? It looks delicious, and it sounds like you've had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!

    Great work on that Paisley Bunny pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, yum yum, good green dessert.....Irish Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dessert looks delicious Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dessert sounds great! Wonderful of you to take care of your Mom, hope she had a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Top O' The Almost-Morning (again) to you Missy O'Kim...! Any pistachio dessert left?? YUMMM....that's a favorite in our nest!! And, yeah, I had some of the other green food too...like I said, one of my favorite kinds of green!! Your little paisley bunny is stinking cute.... Why is it, tho, that, these days, seeing hooked anything makes me feel guilty? Oh yeah, maybe because I haven't lifted a hook, punch or needle in many, many, moons.... :o( Hope you have a great new week ahead....Here, we're bracing for another dumping of white stuff.... Grrrrrr..... Smiles & O'Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good day so nice of her firends to visit and remember.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bunny! It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am so glad.
    I hope you have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a wonderful daughter to still take care of the little details that probably wouldn't matter to your mother anymore and I'm sure that there is something that sparks a memory from the past about dressing in green and eating green desert.

    I love your bunny pillow and I'm certain that he will find a home shortly.

    Happy St Patrick Day to you and yours.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take a piece of that dessert! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a fun pillow. It's so springy! I love that you dressed your mom in green for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunny is darling and I like your green food and drink.. :) Miss Chicky has adjusted well.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Maxine cartoons! I'm glad you celebrated with your Mom..even your own special "green" way! Your bunny pillow is so cute and that's one rabbit my hubby could be around since he's highly allergic to the real ones! Happy St. Patty Day to you..a bit late..sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice to her that your mom had a lot of people thinking of her and her love of St Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete