Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'll explain

I thought I better explain one of my comments last night.

I didn't really mean that I think I ruin all my rugs, but I do have problems/issues with color planning. 

However, I really did enjoy reading all your compliments.  Hehehe

There always seems to be one color in most of my finished rugs that just doesn't look right to me.  I add something and it ends up looking too bright or too dull or it isn't matchy and looks clashy.   You know what I mean??

But there is always the next rug to get the colors just right.  I live in eternal hope :)

Tomorrow night is the Curling Fun Night and Auction for the local Palliative Care Unit.  I'm excited - it's always a great time with good friends.  Terri has recieved so many great items for the auction.  I have my eye on a few.  I want her to make tons of money but I'm hoping the majority of it doesn't come from me.  Hahaha

8 comments:

  1. I always think your rugs look pretty. I didn't know you felt that way, I feel that way most of the time too. I keep thinking I will just buy a color wheel and go by that. I never have been very good with colors.
    Have a fun time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think I could make quilts, and envied how some people could add a color that provided a fun splash, while it always just looked like I grabbed things in the dark when I tried it! I do love the things I have seen of yours, and find the colors comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim ~
    Color planning can be so hard! I know I agonize over it.
    I'm sure your rug will bring a nice donation for the Palliative Care Unit. That is so generous of you! I hope you come home with a treasure or two.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rugs I've seen always look pretty. I'm the same way with my painting. I think we are looking at it too closely. After you get some distance from working on it, don't you usually like it better? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find color planning challenging. I'm better with words. My mother is an artist and she has the easiest time with color. I'm trying to be more adventurous...try something and then remove it if I don't like it. I've been lucky sometimes too...like when a wool just fits perfectly...I won't even remember where I got it, but then I'm glad I have it! I envy those who have their rugs color planned for them! LOL
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. But that's the great thing about hooking...if you don't like it, it's easy to rip out and replace...unlike weaving, where you're pretty much screwed if you've woven too far past something you decide you don't like. This is part of why I love hooking so much...my colors change with my moods so I can be as fickle as I like! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your rugs are great we are always our own worst enemies.
    have fun at the auction.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know that you have a color planning problem but your little rugs always look very color coordinated to me.

    I just use colors that I feel are pleasing to my eyes and I don't worry if they are pleasing to others.

    Color fashions comes and goes but the rugs stays. ha ha. Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete